Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Spotted VF today

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
:hmmm: nobody seems to like anything anymore .. Complain complain is all I see in the auto world , music world , anything really :s

I like it and to be honest I think it should be given a chance and prob driven in , before we all make so many negative comments about this car ! - These comments are a clear example of first world problems -

No matter what holden did to it, I'm betting it will get the same amount of negative feed back ..not enough power , too much power , It's too round , it's too square , it has four wheels lol , it doesn't fly !!

Smh !!!

Best post I've seen in a long time ^^^^^

villn808

Reaction score
Members Ride
:hmmm: nobody seems to like anything anymore .. Complain complain is all I see in the auto world , music world , anything really :s

I like it and to be honest I think it should be given a chance and prob driven in , before we all make so many negative comments about this car ! - These comments are a clear example of first world problems -

No matter what holden did to it, I'm betting it will get the same amount of negative feed back ..not enough power , too much power , It's too round , it's too square , it has four wheels lol , it doesn't fly !!

Smh !!!

Fair point, but not in a million years is that rear end, especially tail lights ever going to grow on me. Honest opinion. And if there is something I dislike that much about it, I'm never owning one.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2

Smh !!!

Design is very subjective and its level of appreciation can vary greatly from one person to another. It just seems that the design of the VF isn't particularly well accepted on this forum. Certainly, there have been many more "don't likes" than "likes" and if this small group is indicative of the new car market, it could be that Holden has missed the boat with the VF styling. They needed a world beater to keep the car viable in the market-place and the design they ended up with is no world beater. I reckon the interior looks great and I don't mind some aspects of the front end redesign, but I certainly don't like the back on any of the versions shown.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Design is very subjective and its level of appreciation can vary greatly from one person to another. It just seems that the design of the VF isn't particularly well accepted on this forum. Certainly, there have been many more "don't likes" than "likes" and if this small group is indicative of the new car market, it could be that Holden has missed the boat with the VF styling. They needed a world beater to keep the car viable in the market-place and the design they ended up with is no world beater. I reckon the interior looks great and I don't mind some aspects of the front end redesign, but I certainly don't like the back on any of the versions shown.

It is not just the VF, happens with near every model that comes out (not only this forum though). Most of the time people need time to get used to a new style before they like it. I have a few reservations however I'd like to see one in the flesh before deciding myself.

Ian Johnston

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 Subaru Forester, XR6 turbo ute.
Most of the people that will buy a VF, or any new car for that matter wont be on a car forum. Basic mum and dads who want a new car to do everyday use wont be as picky as some on a forum, who will never buy one even if they bag it out, or love it.

I know of a woman who bought a new VE SV6. The sales bloke was trying to sell the good points to her and her husband, and the husband said, dont waste your time mate, she wants that purple car, doesnt care about anything else.

burleighboy86

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE MY10 SV6 A6
The tail end looks different from any previous model, so naturally it will take time for people to accept it as a commodore. The VE had plenty of negative feedback, particularly about the tail lights, but here we all are driving them around proudly.

This is a new, global direction for the commodore, which has grown on me a lot. I wasn't sold on the tail end either, but it now has me planning how I'll spend my money in a couple of years. Can't wait to see it first hand.

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
The exterior of the car is very ordinary in my eyes. Not fugly, but not pretty either. The interior and various new features are the things catching my eye. The interior looks (in the photos, haven't seen or sat in one yet) to be about the nicest thing Holden has ever done, and lets face it, the interior is where you spend your time.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
The thing I've noticed, which a few of the forum members don't appear to like, is the fact that chrome trim is back in vogue. I've felt that the VE lacked something to highlight its styling features and perhaps a bit of glitter helped. Some of the Series 2 models had that little extra bit of tizz around the grille which I didn't mind. The VF seems to have quite a bit, particularly in the Calais, so I'll reserve judgement until I see it in the metal, but I reckon it's good to get away from the total colour co-ordinated schemes we've had for some years, where every component is either body colour or black.

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
I have to agree Calaber, a bit of bling is good thing sometimes. So many monochrome blobs driving around these days. It will be nice to have a change in that respect.
Though I have to wonder why, if people dislike chrome, do they seek out chrome trims for their old girls? I think they will get used to it, but its still a pretty ordinary looking car. I think it needs the chrome TBH, its about the only way you will tell it from any other car on the road.