Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

squeaking/creaking noise from suspension when braking!!

mike4226

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz equipe 3.6
squeaking/creaking noise from suspension or caliper when braking!!

Hi guys i noticed tonight when i drove the car during small trip(4km)that when i was braking and coming to a stop there was a squeaking/creaking noise from drivers side somewhere,i could replicate it by rolling in drive and applying the brakes and pumping them and it would creak every time.The car is has got 145000km and the brakes are only 5000km and starting squeaking sometimes during braking when the car is cold.Any ideas or past experiences will be a help until i go to a suspension shop thanks

Last edited:

red_rocket05

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ SS COMMODORE UTE
maybe front castor rod bushes are worn out? just an idea dont hold it against me

wetwork65

A wet business
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Wagon & VF SV6 Wagon
+1 for the castor rod bushes as an investigation. Could be front or back though - best replace with harder material i.e. nolathane, superpro, etc. Also check link rods form suspension arm to shock - mine have been replaced since the rubbers and linkak balls can wear out. Pedders will find plenty wrong with your car and whilst the stuff is good, it is expensive to replace.
Also check all suspension parts are tightened.