Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Calais 3.8L S
I have a VY Calais 3.8L Stock Supercharged and the motor makes a squeaking noise when the cold. It sounded like one of the pulleys was loose so I just had all 6 pulleys changed but it's still making the same noise and I can't figure out why. Prior to changing them I spoke to 3 mechanics who all said it's the pulleys but evidently it wasn't. The car still has the squealing noise when cold and warmed up but if it's warm you only notice the noise ifyou put your foot down. Any advice or previous experiences welcome !

Car has brand new bets on it as well.

*uploaded the same post but auto correct changed the name from squealing to squeezing so re-submitting*

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Other thread removed.

Do the auto belt tensioners mover freely? Remove the belts and use a spanner to rotate the tensioners through there full range of motion, if they stick anywhere use a bit of WD40 to free em up.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Calais 3.8L S
Other thread removed.

Do the auto belt tensioners mover freely? Remove the belts and use a spanner to rotate the tensioners through there full range of motion, if they stick anywhere use a bit of WD40 to free em up.
Yeah they all move comfortably, nothing out of the ordinary

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Run it without the supercharger belt and see what it does (won't harm anything).

If the noise goes away what is the condition of the belt, is it the correct length? If in doubt replace it. What does the supercharger pulley look like (is it covered in rubber etc)? If so, try cleaning it with a wire brush to get rid of the rubber build up.

Can you turn the supercharger over by hand ok?