Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

SRS Airbag and ABS Faults!!!

GTRwilson

sell me your VY sigs!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
BUMPPP

As i mentioned in another thread, ive just recently got a 'Check Oil' warning on the dash.(started the day AFTER taking it to holden to get 2-3 other faults cleared)

Anyway, ive replaced the engine oil and oil filter, but im still getting this warning. Is this another one that requires a tech2 of some sort to clear, or what else should i check?

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Rodbol

You should be able to clear that one using the trip computer keys the same as the service interval messages.

My son's Acclaim had its 165k service warning, oil service warning and the SVS messages, one after the other when you started up. I cleared the 165k and oil service warnings using the mode/set/arrow keys.

Dead set, with all these bloody messages the car has built in, I'm wondering if it's got one to remind me to change me undies each day.

GTRwilson

sell me your VY sigs!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
Anyone in Brisbane with a scan tool want a bit of cash for a few mins(im guessing) of work?

Ultratune actually want $60, and Holden well who knows, im guessing another $115 as its another set of codes to clear. Even if Holden was cheap enough, i dont want to take it there out of principal.

So yeah, anyone in Brisbane can do it cheaper than ultratune?

GTRwilson

sell me your VY sigs!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
Anyone in Brisbane with a scan tool want a bit of cash for a few mins(im guessing) of work? Ultratune actually want $60, and Holden well who knows, im guessing another $115 as its another set of codes to clear. Even if Holden was cheap enough, i dont want to take it there out of principal.
So yeah, anyone in Brisbane can do it cheaper than ultratune?

P.S. Are there any Gregorys type workshop books available at supercheap ect? i checked my local store and they had nothing.

GTRwilson

sell me your VY sigs!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
ok ive given up on trying to find out whats wrong and how to fix it, also no one in brisbane appears to have a scan tool, and willing to sell their services.

So i have rung various places such as Holden(forget it) Ultratune, Midas. Any other places that have the required scan tool to check this out for me? I doubt the local mechanic would have a tech2 ect so im after places such as the ones previously mentioned.(e.g. bigger name mechanics)