Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

SS Catback Exhaust

pepstar87

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 SSV M6
Im thinking about just changing the rear mufflers over, as thats where most of the noise is generated from..

I wonder how quiet it would go if I replaced it with the stock rear mufflers?

Surely that would eliminate the drone though?

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
I've got a twin 3" xforce system on my cammed manual SSV and it drones to the shithouse! Does my head in. What system should I go for on a decent enough budget that doesn't drone but still sounds tough?

Have a chat with VCM. They may be able to help you out with some rears, though not sure if they split their systems up. Otherwise I think a cat back from them is around 1700 so still not ludicrously expensive.

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
Hurricane might be worth a look if you're after bang for buck.

VHCOMMO87

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/X
well got the system on and omg is sounds insane under load, no droan, and has a sublte but fairly deep idle, will sound even better once it burns in and carbons up

Hey Wogboyz, now that you have a better flowing Cat back, have you noticed any changes in performance? i know its only a cat back but it would be flowing alot better than stock exhaust! is it more responsive? or does it just feel the same as stock??

VHCOMMO87

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/X
Thats good to here lol, as long as your not loosing power. Be sure to get a vid up :) :) :)

sirtrev

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SS-V
Love it or hate it I'm getting a 2.5 xforce cat back this week. We took out a 3" and the cook didnt like the noise, she reckoned it droned a bit. Especially with the kids in the back.

But I have the chance to get some Pacemaker headers really cheap, my question is will the stock Cats fit without bottoming out and is it worth the bang for buck?