Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ssv redline manual gear box question

SSVREDLINEUTE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE S2 SSV Redline ute 6.0 M6
I have just purchased a new 2010 series 2 manual ssv redline ute and after 4000km I have noticed 1st and 2nd gears are hard to locate and lumpy between the changes. I have always noticed a clutch smell when turning the key in the mornings, could this be an adjustment of the gate or something more sinister?

pjdm1980

Shut up Jr I'm thinkin!
Reaction score
Members Ride
E1 GTS BUILD NO# 007, GQ Patrol.
If there is a clutch smell then I'd say maybe drop it off to the dealer to get the clutch inspected, as for the shifter you can buy after market short throw shifter kits which are meant to feel better.

db_notso

diagnostic technician...
Reaction score
Members Ride
vt v6, mods(susp brakesetc...)
if you have been hard on it maybe consider cahnging the oil every 15000 or so...regardless off service intervals...
for your future reference...

a clutch smell can be from air in clutch line (overheating of fluid or old fluid (older new car, e.g. o7 sold 08/09))

also have it checked for oil or coolant leaks as these are often mistaken for clutch smells...

really at those km's you should have no problems... take it to a dealer for warranty, just remember if they
find anything wrong with a part its a warranty claim and they will fix it no charge so what's to lose

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
I don't know about the clutch smell but do yourself a favor and buy a ripshift. Best $500 you will spend on it :)

Reaper