Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ssz-57l

Johnsy

★★★★★
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Wagon & VF SV6 Ute
SLX308 said:
Love your ride!! I saw a nice black SSZ here dumped on 19 inch wh grange rims.. but $55k!! youch..

Thanks mate, yeah that would look great !
And 55k thats full price and then some...
I paid $49k :)

Last edited:

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
Yeah very nice ride mate.
Mine's exactly the same but different!! ;)
Go the silver - its heaps more classy and like you said it doesnt go out of style. Those SSZ rims look a bit like the Calais ones at first huh? They're nice though. Thought about getting her lowered a touch??

Johnsy

★★★★★
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Wagon & VF SV6 Ute
That will be my next mod for sure.. but im not sure how low... i will prob use king springs...

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
SSZ-57L said:
There will be no Series 2 VZ call it that if you wish... no i dont feel ripped off as i got 6 grand worth of extras with mine.. that the 6.0l wont have... dod who cares.. why buy a V8 if you are worried about fuel consumption..
And finally i have had my car dynoed and gained 14 kw with the cai i got before my extractors and exhaust were fitted which then gained another 10kw with that so total is ( i got on paper ) 274kw....
So i dont care about the 264kw 6.0l..... which will weigh about 80-100kilos more :)

Finally Yes the ss inductions setup for a VT-VX is substandard but the new growler big mouth for the VZ is far superior...

So no series 2 hey? Still want to stick with that? As for your SS induction, Funny how ive seen so many shootouts with them and without them, and all of them failed in power increase, just saying my 2 bits. Personally for the money you spend on it, you could have bought a nice PT OTRCAI that gives the best results. Also, you only gained 10kw with exhaust? Yet 14kw with a CAI? id be pissed off spending $2500 on decent zorst to only get them gains at the flywheel :(

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
SSZ-57L said:
That will be my next mod for sure.. but im not sure how low... i will prob use king springs...

Kool, good to hear, you'll love the result.

May I suggest AGAINST using Kings Springs. I wont go into it here, but please see the following thread, which I subscribed to, relating to lowering VY's:

http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/showthread.php?t=8952

By all accounts, Pedders are the way to go.
Oh, and I reckon go 1 1/2 inches lower, but that's just me... :thumbsup:

B

Bunsen

SSZ-57L said:
Thanks for the complement.... But You couldnt keep up with a SSZ so we wouldnt see your sv6 anyway :)

HEHE, no prob, BUT
ssz = 250 KW = 335.26 HP = $49,990 $4000 fuel card
sv6 = 300 KW = 402.31 HP = $44,990 $2000 fuel card (Inc $5000 Blower)
Does that not mean you wont see the SV6 because it is to far ahead of
the SSZ ?? LMFAO. Been a while since you have been to the drags
& seen a SB Chev get blown away by a 6 cyl or a rotary ?? happens every day.

;/

grpawalky

Reaction score
minux said:
LMAO you actually fitted an SS induction? dude these things reduce power..

Secondly
Dont you feel ripped off? I mean, buying an SSZ only to find out Series 2 VZ is the same as a SSZ except with a L76 DoD 6.0, i know i'd feel shafted.

SSZ-57l, everyones an expert eh?
Love your ride, love 'em so much I ordered an SSZ ute, should have it after xmas................