Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ssz-57l

camvyss

Doof, Doof, Doof
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY2 SS 5.7L A4
Bunsen said:
HEHE, no prob, BUT
ssz = 250 KW = 335.26 HP = $49,990 $4000 fuel card
sv6 = 300 KW = 402.31 HP = $44,990 $2000 fuel card (Inc $5000 Blower)
Does that not mean you wont see the SV6 because it is to far ahead of
the SSZ ?? LMFAO. Been a while since you have been to the drags
& seen a SB Chev get blown away by a 6 cyl or a rotary ?? happens every day.

;/

Umm and just where did you pull this piece of rubbish from?

here is the correct information for an SV6

Holden OFFICIAL Information

or alternativel for a long story about the SV6
click me

and here is a quote straight from the information there.

The best value model in the VZ range and the most refined Commodore yet. 190kW Alloytec beats the base VZ engine hands down.

If you have a link to the actual information I would be happy to be proven wrong, but I seriously doubt that Holden would release a 6 that has better figures than an 8 with a better price.

Johnsy

★★★★★
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Wagon & VF SV6 Ute
minux said:
So no series 2 hey? Still want to stick with that? As for your SS induction, Funny how ive seen so many shootouts with them and without them, and all of them failed in power increase, just saying my 2 bits. Personally for the money you spend on it, you could have bought a nice PT OTRCAI that gives the best results. Also, you only gained 10kw with exhaust? Yet 14kw with a CAI? id be pissed off spending $2500 on decent zorst to only get them gains at the flywheel :(

Get out of the wrong side of the bed this morning ?
show me a series 2 VZ badge then....
Next time i buy a car or do another upgrade i will be sure to ask for your opinion...!

Johnsy

★★★★★
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Wagon & VF SV6 Ute
davey g-force said:
Kool, good to hear, you'll love the result.

May I suggest AGAINST using Kings Springs. I wont go into it here, but please see the following thread, which I subscribed to, relating to lowering VY's:

http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/showthread.php?t=8952

By all accounts, Pedders are the way to go.
Oh, and I reckon go 1 1/2 inches lower, but that's just me... :thumbsup:

Thanks for the info Davey... :thumbsup:

Johnsy

★★★★★
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Wagon & VF SV6 Ute
Bunsen said:
HEHE, no prob, BUT
ssz = 250 KW = 335.26 HP = $49,990 $4000 fuel card
sv6 = 300 KW = 402.31 HP = $44,990 $2000 fuel card (Inc $5000 Blower)
Does that not mean you wont see the SV6 because it is to far ahead of
the SSZ ?? LMFAO. Been a while since you have been to the drags
& seen a SB Chev get blown away by a 6 cyl or a rotary ?? happens every day.

;/

Where did you get that info From ??

*Im talking about a stock sv6 not one with a blower, i could drop $5k on a blower and edit as well and still be in front....
You dont make any sense dude..
* And when i do go to the drags i have also seen many a V8 blow away rotarys and 6cyl sc also...

This was about a STOCK sv6 vs SSZ..

btw
No fuel card with the ssz... it stopped in october before they were released.

Johnsy

★★★★★
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Wagon & VF SV6 Ute
grpawalky said:
SSZ-57l, everyones an expert eh?
Love your ride, love 'em so much I ordered an SSZ ute, should have it after xmas................

Ha Ha.. i think they are just jealous..
Good move you will enjoy your new ute for sure !
If i wanted to i could have got a stock vx 5.7 and dropped 15-20 on the motor and smashed alot of people but i wanted an ssz so i got one.

btw what colour did you go for ?

camvyss

Doof, Doof, Doof
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY2 SS 5.7L A4
My brother ordered his SSZ, Turismo yuck, 2 weeks ago. We got some bad news yesterday in the form that the truck that was transporting his car up to Townsville here in QLD rolled somewhere outside Sydney I believe. His car was one of the 5 that was destroyed. Sort of makes you laugh.

Being nice guys that they are at the dealership, me I think he offered some sucky sucky, they offered him a VZ Clubby for $53k that was sitting on their floor. He didn't even hesitate in saying yes. So now I get to put up with the incessant poking at me as he spouts how he has a HSV and all I have is my SS. I think I may key the car when it gets here just to **** him.

INSINR8R

INSINR8ED as well.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII Clubsport R8
camvyss said:
My brother ordered his SSZ, Turismo yuck, 2 weeks ago. We got some bad news yesterday in the form that the truck that was transporting his car up to Townsville here in QLD rolled somewhere outside Sydney I believe. His car was one of the 5 that was destroyed. Sort of makes you laugh.

Being nice guys that they are at the dealership, me I think he offered some sucky sucky, they offered him a VZ Clubby for $53k that was sitting on their floor. He didn't even hesitate in saying yes. So now I get to put up with the incessant poking at me as he spouts how he has a HSV and all I have is my SS. I think I may key the car when it gets here just to **** him.

Are you serious? Your gonna wallow in the fact that he has a HSV? SHAME ON YOU!!!

Just look at it this way, you both have V8's. Consider yourself lucky, most of us can only dream...

Though what a stroke of luck for your brother

camvyss

Doof, Doof, Doof
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY2 SS 5.7L A4
Yeah but we are both avid HSV lovers. I'll probably only rag on him for the first couple of months, definately going to knife his tyres though. Damn 6L, 297KW, ass.

Total shame for him though is it's Black, so he's copying me. Oh well what are brothers for, think I might go key his Berlina before he sells it.

Johnsy

★★★★★
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Wagon & VF SV6 Ute
Nice....
My brother in law has a VZ clubbie R8 6 speed..
i have driven it and they are fun to drive !
If your bro lets you drive it you will have some fun for sure !!
If he dosent pinch his wheels and put them on yours.... lol

camvyss

Doof, Doof, Doof
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY2 SS 5.7L A4
We were talking last night and he actually wants to put his wheels on the SS. I'm doubtful though, will have to wait and see what they look like on her before I make up my mind to keep them. Never could find any wheels that I was actually keen on, though I do like the VY SS ones, I reckon they suit the car well.