Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

stalling???

mynameisearl

Reaction score
Members Ride
98 vt s pac
ok guys i sifted through the millions of stalling threads and couldn't find one that could help me...... i have a supercharged 98 vt, in the last week i have had the water pump replaced and put a new supercharger belt on...that all but now i have this stalling problem.

I drove 200 meters down the road early yesterday morning and the car randomly stalledso i pulled over, put the car in park and it started no probs... came home checked for error codes and got nothing, then today when i crossed a bumpy railway crossing it stalls again, so i pull over again put it in park and it starts fine....i drive 20km down the road and cross another railway line (slowly) and yep it stalls again! i pulled over and put it in park and yep starts no probs?? i checked for error codes again when i got home and still nothing comes up (only 12 which is nothing)

any help would be great, its got me stuffed..... i was thinking CAS but it should log an error code and it stalls before the car is even warm,

GenFree

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX L67 S
I dont trust the manual fault code checks as of a few weeks ago.Mine was saying only o2 sensors lean both sides yet their were 6 others also on there.One was an earth issue also.

Did you wash the bay at all by chance?

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
When you replaced the belt you could have knocked the CAS plug, make sure it is clean and plugged in securely.

som

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt executive
I think the CAS will record an error code but when mine went,at the same time as the DFI module,I had only driven 800m after being parked for 2hrs. Just stabbing in the dark but maybe consider the fuel pump or TPS

mynameisearl

Reaction score
Members Ride
98 vt s pac
Did it overheat when the waterpump went?

no there was a bit of play in the water pump and it was sounding sick, so i just had it replaced for peace of mind, it did over heat a couple of days after having the water pump done though, the mech left a big air lock behind because he didnt bleed it after putting the pump in

mynameisearl

Reaction score
Members Ride
98 vt s pac
ok took it to the mech today he said yep its definetly a stuffed oil pressure sender, so replaced that then they said all fixed come pick it up... wife went to go get it and the friggin thing wouldn't start!! i went for a 20km drive early this morning and it stalled 3 times on the way out and 2 more times on the way home.

They are saying its the CAS now, but if it was the CAS i thought it would log error codes? their reply was it would only show error codes if it was checked within 5 mins of it stalling (sounds like complete bullshit to me) plus when i had a stuffed CAS in my VS the car wouldn't start until the CAS had cooled down, with this problem when the car stalls and while im still rolling i can put the car in neutral and start it up straight away

Last edited:

CHA53R

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr wagon
My vr used to do that. Turned out to be a bad earth lead. Saying that. My coil pack did it too.

mynameisearl

Reaction score
Members Ride
98 vt s pac
ok they took the fuel filter off this morning and this is the crap that came out...so obviously the fuel filter would have been clogged, but they say the pump would be stuffed too after looking at the fuel?? whats your thoughts??

fueli.jpg