Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Standard features left out + Gripes.

ypod

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore SV6
Just want to have a little bit of a gripe about the SV6 and get some other opinions. Probably opening myself up for some scrutiny here but meh..

1. Took the car in for a service and asked if there's a way to make the window go up automatically without having to hold the button down. Was told they were flashing the computer anyway and it probably got reset when someone d/c the battery previously so yeah no probs it'll get fixed. Then got a call to say that this feature is only offered on superior models like the calais and caprice. The window goes down at the push of a button why not make it go up?? It's a feature that been in cars for god knows how long now and it certainly can't be that hard considering it's already in their other cars. Surely not a feature worth putting an additional price tag on but I would consider standard these days.

2. If they can afford to put an mp3 ready 6 stacker CD player in a 20K Mazda 2, why can't they put at least an MP3 playable CD player in the SV6? Yes I understand its about price point and there are many other features teh SV6 has that the mazda 2 doesn't but again it's much of a 'get with the times' issue for me.

3. This has been complained about before in this forum but the aircon vents don't point up above 90 degree horizontal angle! Enough said.

4. Why do they still use an old school winded back-rest instead of a lever? And why put electronic up and down and no electronic forward and back or recline? The cost should have been shifted to make the up/down of the seat a pump action like other cars and make either the recline or forward/back of the seat electronic which i would bet others to agree is more frequently used.

I'm sure i can think of some more but unfortunately I do have a day job. Keen to hear opinions. Lets try to keep the personal attacks out of this thread.

Cheers

wez84

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ssv/vr calais V6 turbo oneday N/A Track car
i got a new ssv the other week and my 94 calais has more features in it not only on the trip computer but the little things like a glovebox and center console light WTF u pay all that money for them and dont get what u used to

ypod

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore SV6
Omg.. yes thats another one! The glovebox light!!
wtf.

Johnsy

★★★★★
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Wagon & VF SV6 Ute
My R8 didn't even have a glove box light or center console light either.. My work ute ( 08 Rodeo ) has a glove box light and the windows are both automatic up and down.....
They only put the light in my glove box when the sat nav went in, i asked why and they told me so i could see the unit ( which fills the top shelf part all the way to the front ) the light made no difference for the unit but at least i can see in the rest of the glove box at night now...... i might put the center console one in myself im sure the wiring would be there it should be a quick plug and play 2 minute job.....

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
If you want the extra's pay the money. Quite simple really.

You cant expect every box to be ticked and paying the price of an omega.....

ypod

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore SV6
Most of the issues I have (apart from CD player) can't be optioned in just by paying money. They are design choices that don't have options to my knowledge. Unless I go modifying with non-holden parts...

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
Electric seats can. And so can your first point (you even mention they told you only calais and statesman have that option).

Some people forget they are buying a family car. Its cheap, and as such thats what you buy. Want every bell and whistle known to man, buy a BMW or merc (but pay 10 times what you pay for that family car.

Junny

purrrrrr
Reaction score
Members Ride
VUII Maloo + shitty painted vp
Well both the utes I had/have didnt have the close door reminder and seatbelt reminder.
When both have the light thing there... just doesnt tell u

Archers

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Calais V 6ltr
If you want the extra's pay the money. Quite simple really.

You cant expect every box to be ticked and paying the price of an omega.....

+1 i agree with u m8 thats why i got a calais v its got everything i could want and more worth the extra few $$$ in my opion,

but i do understand where ypod is comming from, but thats why they have so many models m8 the higher u go the more u get!!!