Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Standard features left out + Gripes.

Bravotwozero

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 AMG C63 W204 Speedshift + 2013 KW T909
Why did they spend $1 Billion developing the VE? Sounds like they should have just reintroduced the VP!

The X Man

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SERIES II SV6 SIDI
I agree with the OP. Sure, not the same car but i paid under 40K for a Honda Accord Euro (brand new) that included full leather, 2 x full electric heated seats, chromatic mirror, satelllite navigation, electric sunroof, lights everywhere, 8 x airbags, HID headlights and so on. Yes, the motor is smaller and there isn't as much sheet metal but there are import costs, freight, compliance and so on yet the SV6 has none of these features and it costs the same. It goes to show that Holden are building cars for as cheap as possible but charging maximum price for them, probably more then they are really worth, even at discounted rates. Some of these extras like a glovebox light probably costs less then $1.00 yet thats a little more for the scumbags to pay off that Billion dollar debt.

I didn't pay anywhere near the advertised price and i do like my SV6 but i really don't or can't see where a Billion dollars went. The japs would of designed several better cars with the same amount of money the aussies did with just one.

bbb

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Sv6 Wagon
I agree with the op, my VT calias has glove box and console lights--even pretty ones on each door and above each door and this is now 10years old!!! LOL ohhh and it plays mp3's.
I would never pay RRP any if i didn't get a nice discount on the price would of never got the SV6, don't get me wrong love the car but just the simple things SHOULD be on the car.
Just on a side note:: the 1st time i looked at one the sales guys said...
"and it comes with a/c" ha ha ha my response "NO **** REALLY!!!, does it have a tape player?"and walked off. I am in my early 30's and this jackass tried to talk up a/c like it was the ants pants and selling point of the car!!!

ypod

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore SV6
Just a note on the seat adjustment. How many times do you set it for it to be a hassle? Simple solution is don't share your car then you don't need to move the seat. Works for me!

I like going to the drive in (movies).. And when I have to wait for the gf in the car.. a quick lie down doesn't hurt without having to workout my arms before and after to put the back-rest down. No dirty thoughts boys.. ;)

Junny

purrrrrr
Reaction score
Members Ride
VUII Maloo + shitty painted vp
No one saw my post.....

SV666

The Commodore Enthusiast
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS EXEC SII
Valid points from the op. In regards to the cd stacker, personally i don't need one having that we have front AUX input and my ipod basically lives in the car only to come out when it needs charging (refuse to charge ipod in car) and when i need to add new songs. So in short for me personally i wouldn't have much use for a stacker so long as i have an AUX input.

mi04se1

need for speed
Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8GT
Atleast you get the navigation option and binnacle guages.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
An ssv is a little bit more then a omega. It sad when a 16 year old calais has got more features and its but bout haven every box ticked its little things that most other car can seem to manage to have in them. dont care for all the Bells and whistles just simple stuff for the money you pay

Its still an aussie built family car. People are comparing it to European cars......which is quite stupid considering.....

Some people just dont understand marketing. If they gave the poverty packs all these thingas, no-one would buy the calais (that makes more money for the company) Although it makes sense since none of you are a billion dollar car company ;)

philsv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Sv6
The fact the std cd player doesnt play mp3s is the biggest pisoff for me. Especialy since my previous sv6 ve had the six stacker. Yes you have aux input, but then its a pain to connect up my phone to it every time i get in the car, and get an ipod, well u still gotta charge the thing somehow all the time. Yes can get car chargers, but still what pain. And thats not forgetting if u want to go to the next song, u have to take your eyes off the road, squint down at the small screen and try and find the song u want.

plus the sound quality is very average for a billion dollar investment. my old ladies 95 camery with a casette player sounds twice as good, and some nice bass. And yes i have taken out the center speaker in the VE, which isnt even worth a paper weight!

Then on top off all this, they make it next to imposible to install your own deq.
honestly, in todays world how much more would it have cost to make the stock cd player play mp3s? $5? What a joke imo

I like my music, especialy on a nice sunny sunday morning, this just dissapoints me on an otherwise generaly nice car.

affinity

Reaction score
Members Ride
International (Dual Fuel) VE MY10 Sedan, 3.6L 4A
The Omega itself new cost enough money, don't appreciate the "poverty pack" put-downs. There are some very, very basic things missing -- no glove box light is as cheap as Holden can get. I can at least play music via bluetooth, but that was an extra not deemed low-end enough for an ordinary Omega class car except with the International pack.... my cheap Aldi $200 radio does bluetooth better than the new unit, at least the Aldi unit displays phone numbers and not just "voice in".