Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Starting without the key

Cheap6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
The DFI provides spark - at a constant 10 degrees BTDC - even without the PCM being powered up. Provide a fuel supply and it will start.

Super_Low 91

┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐
Reaction score
Members Ride
1993 VR
Mate good luck with that, when you make a video to prove your theory works then il believe it. EFI does not work they same way as the ol carby motors,

Omega6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE S1 Omega
If you dont have the keys you will have to replace them anyway ! I would either dent pull the ignition barrel out and use a flathead to turn the steering lock over. thenn either push the car or charge the battery and leave the ignition switch on (red dash lights) for an hour, as said before. then if your keen to work her up then go to wreckers get a matching ecu, keys & barrell (make sure its exactly same model as yours) or go through holden beforehand and get the keys and programmed (whatever is cheaper), but if its registered in your couzins name he'd probly have to do it !

Cheap6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
Mate good luck with that, when you make a video to prove your theory works then il believe it. EFI does not work they same way as the ol carby motors,

It works. Until the ECM or PCM switches the DFI module into bypass mode, the DFI module provides the spark without intervention.

I have driven my VP, by mistake, on LPG without disabling the anti-theft (not possible to do on a VR or VS because turning the key - normally - disables the anti-theft). The ignition system is virtually the same from VN-VY. There was a post on here, some time ago now, where someone was driving around on LPG without realising there was no engine computer fitted at all.

matman_72

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS commodore
Was staring to give up on this and pull the bugger outta there with a tow truck.
Found the key at my mother in law's. Problem solved.
At least there was some serious discussion bought up:)

Ruben Filippus

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden adventra cx8
I have the same problem with my barrel that I brake coz the key was refused to turn.i brake the barrel and from there I was using the screw driver to start the car through that black ignition switch but only when I press the unlocking button on the remote control is when the car could start.later on the car lost the memory coz I was driving the car without a key in the barrel.till now no help the car is just standing.i try to order the MAP KF200 and MAP KF204 through eBay and they said they can't ship the item to my location which is Namibia.i really don't know what to do.the car is Holden Adventra CX8 Vy SS 5.7L 2004 Model