Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Steering wheel leather faulty

Tamd

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB RS 3.6
I am having problem with the material covering the steering wheel of my ZB 2018.
It is at 12o’clock position; material is breaking down. Looks like cracking and it runs lateral. I put in a potential warranty claim. But no feed back from the service centre on whether it is or not. It’s clearly not wear and tear. Hand’s don’t touch the 12 position much. 10-2 usually. Be interested to hear if similar issue with other owners.

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON
Would your car be in direct sunlight with the sun shining on the top of the steering wheel for long periods of time? Just a thought.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
A steering wheel should be durable under Australian Consumer Law and as such should cope well with our hot climate, the sun beating down on it all day, someone’s sweaty hands incessantly turning the wheel and such normal activities without showing undue wear and tear…. And it should cope with such for years and year as a steering wheel isn’t a serviceable item so should last for a very very long time.. life of vehicle long with just a nice patina developing ;)

Just remind the selling dealer of their ACL statutory warranty obligations. Tell them you want the steering wheel replaced, else if they faff around for too long meeting their ACL obligations it will become a major fault under ACL. And with a major fault under ACL, then your chosen remedy can become a full purchase price refund (well, maybe you’d not want that cause cars are going up daily... but you get the idea).…

Last edited: