Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Stolen VY Maloo II. some questions i have, need help

cj409

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU series 2 ute
Hey all, was going to post this on hsv forum but i'm having a lot of trouble with registering.

My beloved Black Maloo Y series r8 was stolen from bankstown Saturday morning. number plate GO7ONE (previous owners plate)

Was going to meet the guy in the centro shopping centre carpark for an inspection, was going to sell it. When i got there he said come down into gloria jeans we can go over the papers to check my name matches up to rego papers etc.
Walked around gloria jeans for a bit, couldnt find the guy, he stopped answering his phone
Walked back out to carpark, maloo is gone. Yes, i am sure it is where i parked it. The guy isn't answering his phone anymore. There is a carwash only 20 meters from where it was stolen, i asked the workers there if they had heard or seen anything suspicious but they said they had not.
No word on if there was any CCTV of the incident as of yet. i'm doubtful though, there were no cameras around i could see.
Car wasn't insured against theft so i'm absolutely gutted at the moment, trying my best to find out anything about this.

The car was stolen in a time frame of less than 20 minutes, in broad daylight with some people around. The alarm didn't go off, The car was locked and i have the key to it. I dont beleive there was enough room for them to back a truck up and tow it/ put it on a flatbed
I know a lot of people will say that they don't want to talk about stealing these cars as to not educate thieves on how to do it.

I want to know if anyone knows how hard this would be to do without a key to the car, in this time frame. Someone was telling me that the keys have transponders in them and are difficult to replicate.

I sort of suspect the guy who sold it to me, as he only gave me one key; but depending on whether it is or isn't easy to break into these things, if you're a pro, would change whether or not i want to pursue the guy i bought it off over the matter.

Also if anyone see's any TE37 style Varrstoen wheels for sale not from Varrstoen themself, or on any VX, VY, VU, any commodore with 120x5 spacing please alert me, i had the wheels on it custom bored out to fit so they are one of a kind, pictured.

thanks guys
IMG_01631_zps1d5d456b.jpg

IMG_01181_zps1f20162e.jpg

20130130_194656_zpse83c2f8e.jpg

MiroNeto

Reaction score
Website
www.omegaclube.com.br
Members Ride
Holden VY Commodore 2004 (Omega CD in BRASIL)
I hope that you find your car... Here in Brasil is very common car theft!

Good Lucky !

Qorx

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY Series II Ute
Damn sucks, I would never park anything of mine anywhere near bankstown.

Sent from my TwinTurbocharged iPhone using TapaTalk!

kingswood country

Reaction score
Members Ride
hj kingswood
I feel for you mate, unfortunately these things aren't hard to pinch, even for a thief with half a brain, the alarm may have went of even if for a short time, but the fact if that is, no one looks any more, alarms are too common and no one cares anyway.
As long as you can open the door with a bit of wire, you dont need a key either which makes it worse.

I heard a lot about bankstown, it sounds like somewhere I wouldn't want to visit, but I can tell you, if someone was coming to look at my car for sale, I wouldn't let it leave my site. They've then got time, place of they're choice, and the car they want right there.

Sorry to hear and I really hope you get it back, but honestly, chances aren't in your favour.
Good luck

__/ ][ \__
~O-----O\

Don't ruin a good story with the truth.

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
With a car that distinctive , it should be no problem tracking it down , I am assuming you contacted the police , right ??

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
For a professional thief with the right kit, it would be a matter of minutes and not very suspicious. This guy sounds professional.

Thanks to a mate with a faulty immobilizer in his WRX we learned how to bypass a Brant system pre MY05 in minutes, it's just too easy.

Sorry to hear it, especially about the insurance man, that's madness, but sad nonetheless.

mr calais 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s 2003
Hope they get the scub bag and you find the ute but being that area I doubt the ute is in 1 bit still..

Straya!

Reaction score
Members Ride
1987 VL Brock Director
Sorry but how wasn't this insured for theft?, even 3rd party is fire and theft....and that's the minimal insurance anyone should have, this sucks big time but if you didn't have any insurance for it then it's probably not the smartest move.

naf33n

go
Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VU SS
Sorry but how wasn't this insured for theft?, even 3rd party is fire and theft....and that's the minimal insurance anyone should have, this sucks big time but if you didn't have any insurance for it then it's probably not the smartest move.

there is third party, then for extra you can get third party fire and theft, then full cover

none of these are compulsory, only the CTP green slip with your rego is for personal injury