Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Stories of stupid mechanical stuff you have been told by clueless people.

jatsvl

NEEDS MORE POWER!
Reaction score
Members Ride
vl exec wagon

interesting, it says that some aftermarket companies have produced a kit for several popular engines including the GM 3800.
and for the record it is a supercharger and 1 turbocharger.
it's just funny hearing it from some bogan with a $1000 sh!tbox and not enough money to put petrol in his car let alone being able to pay for a setup such as this, I guess everything starts as a dream.

VK SL 3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL 5spd
Why would you want twin turbos and only one supercharger when you can have 3 chargers instead.

IMG_1168.jpg

(pretty damn wild!)

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
Very very nice.. what kind of car is that thing in?

VK SL 3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL 5spd
Yeh it was in a Gemini at summernats this year.

KimiClaire

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series II, VT Commodore Series II
The guy who I bought my car off told me it was an ex cop car (detectives car apparently) and that it had a cop chip in the engine...
Also a mechanic told me it would cost $200 for a waterpump and about $300 in labour and coolant to change it... when I told him I already had the waterpump and that I only paid $70 for it from Autobarn he told me that it must be second hand..

VSIIBerlinaL67

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS M6
Something funny I did to a mate at work I put a little piece of clear sticky tape on his vr key on the little security point. I left work in a hurry and forgot to tell him.

Well he had everyone out there trying to get it started jacked it up hitting the starter motor trying to jump start it etc. He left it there and the next day got it towed back to his place. His dad saw the tape on the key, took it off and started it. Lol he was pissed.

strgas

GRA = REAL HP
Reaction score
Members Ride
MERC W124 / toys WB tonner WB Panelvan project
i love getting a noob at the parts counter tell him you need a radiator hose. when he asks what car say a 77 beetle... then stand back and watch the show...

Once asked the repco rep to check with crane cams for performance cam and rockers for a Mazda R8 a week after the boss brought one for his wife he came back two days later saying crane was still designing and developing such a package ???????? 6 months later was still milking that joke along with other workshops in the area who i had spoken with.

Ghost

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs Commodore berlina Sedan 1996
Got quoted 700 for a reco steering rack 95 for a seal kit so I drove out to a wrecking yard and picked up a rack for 50 bucks going back in July with 600 for a motor and box