Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

strange stalling then kept going

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Last night on my way back home my engine cut out and then 2-3 seconds later it cut back in and kept going. Anyone have a clue to this mystery. The engine light came on for a second and then went off again. Only code is 31, which should have no affect on operation. It didn't even cut out enough to stop the car rolling. Fuel pump is relatively new, Delphi CAS is also less than 2 years old. It has completely stalled twice before but I was able to start it straight back up.

gohrdrgomad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VxCaly57
Last night on my way back home my engine cut out and then 2-3 seconds later it cut back in and kept going. Anyone have a clue to this mystery. The engine light came on for a second and then went off again. Only code is 31, which should have no affect on operation. It didn't even cut out enough to stop the car rolling. Fuel pump is relatively new, Delphi CAS is also less than 2 years old. It has completely stalled twice before but I was able to start it straight back up.
ls your car a auto loshy

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Yeah an auto.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Yeah probably chugging along at 50-55kph.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
TPS is relatively new Delphi. Solenoids are also fairly new AC Delco units. Seems to have the occasional miss on idle but doesn't miss under load, so not sure if that is related or not.

Wozza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR_GS commodore
yeah....Ive had that.... NFI what it is, always put it down to crap going through the fuel system (water air or electrical gremlins)...last time was over a year ago, my grand son was in the car with me and said what was that?...I just replied car farted...he laughed and it hasn't happened again......touch wood.....

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Ummm yeah, i am stuck broken down blocking traffic at an intersection, hazards on.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I have run codes and 46 comes up now. RACT got me going but he doesn't know what helped he tried a few things all at the same time, before he got me to crank the engine.

Wozza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR_GS commodore
Hi mate
as you have done the CAS Id be playing with the plug that go's into the dfi module also the lead thats on the cas...next time it happens give em all a bit of a wiggle and if it starts it will be one of those...the VX did this sort of thing for a while till I replaced the dfi module, cleaned all the pins/sockets on the plug and sprayed contact cleaner on the cas plug...ran fine till it was written off just before xmas :)