Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

~strange~

satos

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina
Talking about spiders,I once had a huntsman on the outside part of the windscreen.I gave the windscreen a gentle tap with my hand to dislodge the huntsman and guess what,it cracks from corner to corner.Now I was up for a new windscreen.Needless to say i should of just driven off and the huntsman would of blown away in the air stream.Things you learn.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Live on a hill, got a knock on the door one night from the guy across the road.

My sisters b/f's car has somehow rolled down the hill and hit the guys parked car...only did a bit of damage to the rear bumper on the car he hit...and his car was a little S something with too much spent on the engine and not enough on the multicoloured panels

One time when i was driving i had some moron decide to change lanes on me, i couldnt slow down and couldnt go anywhere, so i moved over into the oncoming lane, lucky nothing was coming...then when he passes and i slot back in, i give him another honk, the old bastard gets out of the car and starts threatening to pull me through my window....i pulled out my clublock and wheel brace and he backed off...not before punching and denting my bonnet.

Stupid old poof.

Another time going down Queens Road, ANOTHER old guy (talking atleast 70 ) in the lane next to me starts wavering everywhere, before i know it he's on the wrong side of the road, realised and comes swerving back. OH S#!% i think, so i wrench the car left and slam on the brakes. From 60 - 20 in i dont know how fast...there was smoke everywhere, and the old guy just kept on weaving his way up the road.

There were marks on that road for about 2 months afterwards:bang:

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Talking about spiders,I once had a huntsman on the outside part of the windscreen.I gave the windscreen a gentle tap with my hand to dislodge the huntsman and guess what,it cracks from corner to corner.Now I was up for a new windscreen.Needless to say i should of just driven off and the huntsman would of blown away in the air stream.Things you learn.

They're pretty resistent buggers. I had one who used to wander around on the bonnet and then go down the vents in the bonnet, then run up the pillar... Used to try everything...speeding up then slowing down real fast...bucking from side to side...

Worst thing was when i had the windows open and the thing starts making a dash for the window...never closed it so fast in my life.

Oh, and talking more bug related stories, was driving back from bendigo one time and a frickin hornet or something (no, not an F/A 18 all you smart arses out there:D ) flys through the window and's buzzing around on the back window.

Very quickly i pulled over, locked it up on gravel in my rush to not have the guy behind me hit me as i was pulling off, finally stopped and me and the g/f were out of the car quicksmart, thing was about the size of a 50c piece.

Used Lynx to try and persuade the thing out...finally flew away...worst bit was, i was now behind the old guy with the trailer i'd spent half an hour behind:wax:

TheForgotten

only human......
Reaction score
Website
www.holdenscene.com
Members Ride
VR EXEC
hmmm... I got a few..... driving late one night (got bored so went driving) we were out in the sticks coming up a hill notorious for claiming speeding cars and I saw a snake. couldn't make out colouring but it was as long as the car. I slowed right down very rapidly, asking my gf if she saw it (didn't say what, just asked if she saw it) and she freeked out getting an image in her head from jeepers creepers. told her it was a really big snake and she backhanded me.

strangest thing with my car? it was running like an absolute bucket of s**t, so I stopped driving for about a month, went to move it and wouldn't start, so I replaced teh battery and it's been fine ever since.

I've boiled the radiator, driven another 8km, it sat for an hour cooling off, then filled up the ratiator and block, replaced teh rad cap and vac line for pressure reg, and it kept on going (aside from damaging pressure reg, muffler, cat)

munster

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s commodore ute
i had a freaky thing happen in my first car which was a ke30 corolla travilling home on the highway in a storm and the car got struck on the bonnet by a bolt of lighting everything just died for a5minutes and then started again left a big black mark on the bonnet car was never the same again and now icringe when ever i driver in a thunderstorm

Brucefromruse

CRAVEN MOORHEAD
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS executive s2
Many years ago i collided with a kangaroo doin about 130 clicks..........kind of blew me away as i was stationary.

Torquen

Boost FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
450+ HP FORD XR6T
iv had a pigeon fly onto my car windscrean while driving and procede to sit there while i drove. i have a video of it if anyone knows how 2 upload vids onto this site.

metalfossil

Reaction score
I had a massive huntsman climb from under the front right wheel arch onto the bonnet, while I was doing 80. It walked around, on the bonnet for a few seconds then went back under the wheel arch... I hate massive spiders.

Don't come to my house, then. Cos you wouldn't like Mary my tarantula.

metalfossil

Reaction score
hehe....I remember this vividly and I think I've posted it on the forum before.

I had an old Corolla that had seen better days but it only got driven for five mnutes a day. Anyway I was coming home from work one day with a cop car sitting behind me.

As I came around a corner the sun hit me in the eyes so I flipped down my visor. Well, I was wearing a singlet at the time (mid summer) and this dirty huge huntsman dropped off the visor and went straight down my shirt front.

I grabbed the front of my shirt where the spider was and then I just went into complete shock and started swerving all over the road and tried to pull over.

Well, as it happened I spun off the road into the ditch whilst never letting go of my shirt.

So there I am sitting in my car having a goddamned coronary holding onto my shirt and hyperventilating when the cop has pulled up and comes running over to the car. He throws open my door and sees me sitting there clasping my shirt. He obviously thinks I'm having a coronary as well....he calls for a ambulance whilst I'm trying to stop him. He rips my hand from shirt and the spider comes tearing out of my shirt up the side of my neck. The poor cop just freaks right out and pulls his gun....on the spider. I subsequently have another coronary because of the cop pulling the gun and then I swat the fly away.

I get out of my car, light a smoke and the cop asks me for one too. So here we are, two guys leaning against a beat up old corolla both sweating like pigs for different reasons.

Then the ambulance comes flying out of nowhere. Yup, you guessed it, he forgot to cancel the meatwagon. I get lumped with a $700 odd ambulance bill that the cop immediatly agrees to split with me.

There you have it.

Ooooo, I love spider stories in fact let's start a whole new thread for them:D

metalfossil

Reaction score
This might sound loony, but years ago I lived in St Albans. I was doing the early shift and it was still very dark when I left. As I drove along I saw this huge black shape drift across the sky. I actually was so engrossed I ran into the dirt verge.

On the news that night there were reports from oneside of Melb to the other of UFO sightings....(cue Twilight Zone music)