Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Stupid Mistakes

cacaman

Red is Faster
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Acclaim
I was at a shoppping center and just came from buying the groceries on a boiling hot day and i was in a hurry to get home coz it was too friggin hot. I had my club lock on my car and i went to unlock it and broken the key inside!
I sat there in the boiling hot car trying to get it out with my finger nails but i couldent and i couldent turn on the air con coz the steering wheel was locked in place. So i walked to Bunnings bought a hax saw and cut it off next thing you know security were there and told me to stay till the cops came. Eventualy i told them the story and went home with off milk and off meat.

maginoodle

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy series2 ss crewman
Todays mistake
Changed my struts to lower my car. I used struts from my mates car that we jacked back up cause he fitted a bullbar and it scraped.
Everything went fine til i sat the car back on the ground. My car is now an inch higher. I forgot my mates ute was a V8 and mines a V6.
Tommorows job is cutting a coil from my original springs and refit them.

Haze

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore
i know theres more people on this site with some stupid mistakes! lol spit em out!

crainy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs v6
i thought my car was burning to much oil but no blue smoke or anything. lost all but around 2ltrs of oil in 2 weeks. in the end it was because i didnt replace rubber seal on oil drain plug. had been leaking for 2 weeks straight. was ready to get a reco. stupid mistake glad i check oil every 2 weeks lol

snappy05

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S1 Statesman V6
Hi.
Just today I was having a look at my IAC after pulling it off the throttlebody. I started moving the pin in and out to see if it was seized then it came straight out. I put it back in then got my mate to turn the ignition on so as to see if it still worked then the little pin thing shot out and hit me in the eye. man it hurt.

DannyboyDS

Just hand me the pliers.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
what can I say, what havn't I done?

When the coolant lines in my trans went (On the union joins to the trans) I got frustrated with them and ripped them out, litterally as they were stuffed I just yanked em out and stuffed them all up.

Then discovered I couldn't get the new ones in without dropping the exhaust and steering rack, oh well off to the mechanics.

I got a rubber hose and connected it from one to the other, lucky it was a short drive or it would have cooked.

Next one would be I did an oil change and forgot to put some liquid gasket on the sump plug (As mine leaks if you don't use it) 2 days later I discovered the leak and remembered. Oh well Flushing oil??

recently I was taking my battery out stupidly positive cable first. spanner hit the body and $300 odd dollers later I had the BCM replaced and all was well again.

I like a few others here once bought an EA falcon, dumb idea, the head gasket went.