Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Stupid/Unthought-out purchases - your worst?

-UNKNOWN-

Reaction score
Members Ride
'95 VR S2 BT1 5 Speed, N13 Pulsar Vector
a Cannon for my VL.:bang:

I don't know why I brought them.

Glad I woke up and got rid of therm both.:D

Glad you got rid of the cannon, look **** on all commodores. Would have called you a tool if it was on there. Only Commo you can get away with it is VL Turbo with matching front mount!

-UNKNOWN-

Reaction score
Members Ride
'95 VR S2 BT1 5 Speed, N13 Pulsar Vector
The worst for me was a house.

Had a girlfriend at the time and we just went into an agent one day and signed a contract for a block of land and house.

We split up before it was even finished.

Finance was in her name because i was working casual at the time, so i just got my deposit back and packed my bags...
She sold the house 6 months later for a cool 40K profit.

Oh well... Live and Learn.

I will learn by your mistake!

antvt

Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged V6 VT S
where do i begin...lol.
Supercharged V6 commy, cause then i 'needed' a boost upgrade, then a new exhaust, then extractors, then i really "needed" and intercooler, then a tune, then an LSD, then bigger brakes, need i go on.

Also, went to a car stereo shop one day, and thought indash dvd players were cool, so spent $2000 on one. i think ive watched 1 DVD so far. ah well, dont regret anything, but sometimes i think, 'why did i buy this?'.

calais_304

Reaction score
Members Ride
98' VT Calais s1 - 195i
The worst for me was a house.

Had a girlfriend at the time and we just went into an agent one day and signed a contract for a block of land and house.

We split up before it was even finished.

Finance was in her name because i was working casual at the time, so i just got my deposit back and packed my bags...
She sold the house 6 months later for a cool 40K profit.

Oh well... Live and Learn.

ouch, have heard of this happening hence the reason i havn't moved out yet, still saving for my own dirty big loan, the missus is a bit pissed about it but hey you just don't know these days, even though she's set for life (stinking rich parents) im not.

stylin_vr2

Reaction score
Members Ride
BF fairmont (when im allowed)
Me! My TV looks small now. Its 42".Damn it now Im gonna have to make another stupid purchase! lol.

haha 10 inches is only 25.5cms? shouldnt look THAT small..
if u buy a tv that big thou, u have 2 buy a whole new unit that fits it.. either that or put a hole in ur wall.. works out a hell of a lot more expensive than just spending 12k on the tv!
lesson learnt.. and im learnin a hell of a lot more off u guys 2!

VNCalais98K

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais no more
haha 10 inches is only 25.5cms? shouldnt look THAT small..
if u buy a tv that big thou, u have 2 buy a whole new unit that fits it.. either that or put a hole in ur wall.. works out a hell of a lot more expensive than just spending 12k on the tv!
lesson learnt.. and im learnin a hell of a lot more off u guys 2!

Yeah, but a 52" screen has a surface area of approx. 1293 Square Inches.
a 42" screen has surface area of approx 844 Square inches.

Thats a difference of 449 Square inches of viewing... Thats a lot to me!

Stewart1000

work done by ME
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VL twin turbo. VN5L. old jeep, **** mondeo.
always see somethign you want, buy it then see it on special a short time later!

TheForgotten

only human......
Reaction score
Website
www.holdenscene.com
Members Ride
VR EXEC
worst for me would be the engine in my shed... L67, previous owner said it was pristine, but so far I've found 2 bolts he stripped, and it's just bought everything to a grinding halt. followed very closely by the MAFless turbo setup I'm paying off... I'd love to get this thing in and running, but converting from buick, to ecotec, going mafless then banging on a turbo. not real difficult, but I should have researched things a bit better