Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

sub and amp help

thunder9

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve thunder ute
ok so heres where im at ive got my amp which is a pioneer 1200w mono and my sub which is a pioneer 12inch slim sub all im waiting on is the sub box but still goin to wire up amp and just run the sub wires tomorrow. hopefully everything goes to plan

DJ_Cosmic_Fire

smarter not harder
Reaction score
Website
www.house-mixes.com
Members Ride
VP S-Pack Oct '91 - VT SrsII Wagon
ok so heres where im at ive got my amp which is a pioneer 1200w mono and my sub which is a pioneer 12inch slim sub all im waiting on is the sub box but still goin to wire up amp and just run the sub wires tomorrow. hopefully everything goes to plan

You're sounding more confident with the install on every post mate:thumbsup:, I hope what I wrote above made sense re: LLC - I can sketch a schematic of it if need be. Take plenty of digi pics so you can trace your work whilst having breaks & choose a few out to upload here of your progress when you've completed stage 1.

thunder9

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve thunder ute
ok so here is wats goin on with the sub and amp. i had a look at the speaker wires and just looked to hard and didnt wanna wreck anything so i took it to my local auto barn store to wire up the rca convertor... the bloke that installed it put them on the rear speaker wires which the ute doesnt hav and it doesnt have the fader option for it ok the head unit. so now im trying to find how to activate the service menu and try to activate the fader option... so if anyone has done this on the series 2 ve and help will be great

thunder9

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve thunder ute
ok so its been very painful but its finally all in. i ended up taking it to holden to try to get the front+rear fader to work.. ended costing me 120 bucks and they did nothing. so i ended up doing it all myself...

DJ_Cosmic_Fire

smarter not harder
Reaction score
Website
www.house-mixes.com
Members Ride
VP S-Pack Oct '91 - VT SrsII Wagon
ok so its been very painful but its finally all in. i ended up taking it to holden to try to get the front+rear fader to work.. ended costing me 120 bucks and they did nothing. so i ended up doing it all myself...

COOL! as long as your happy with it that's the main thing, take it as a learning experience (Holden Dealer) & for next time don't be shy in asking on here for assistance, as there are many who will go out of their way to give you a hand. Throw up some pics of your install mate, keen to see how it all looks :)