Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Sub set up with lpg tank

camstatic

I'm back babeh.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS
In SA, it's a defect to have no spare tyre, so no such luck for the lads and lasses over this way. (I've been done for it myself :()

calais_cruzin

Calais_Rattling....
Reaction score
Members Ride
92 VP Calais 3.8
^^ well thats a gay law over there then, i havnt had a spare tyre in my car for about 7months, got too much crap in the wheel well tucked behind the carpet away from me amps n couldnt fit it in so i jst put all me tools in there. lol.

camstatic

I'm back babeh.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS
That's exactly what I had in mine when I got done, ah well, gotta play by their rules I guess!

Deutscher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Toyota MR2
In SA, it's a defect to have no spare tyre, so no such luck for the lads and lasses over this way. (I've been done for it myself :()

Ahh crap.:bang:
anyone know the law in WA bout no spare tyre? Thought it would be just a inconvinience if I get a flat but that would be my fault. Whats law got anything to do with my personally own tyre :p If I don't want it and want to be stranded when I get a flat thats my problem not the governments!
Like said before.... everything I want to do is illegal! I took my tyre out because I wouldn't be able to get it out after if I actually needed it because of my sub box and gas tank and etc etc :whistling

As you can see... I would need to disconnect my sub box etc and I still don't know If I'd manage getting my tyre out because of the board covering the gas tank :whistling and also can't lift upwards because of the boot holder things.

It's a pain having a spare tyre! it adds weight and fuel consumption to lug it around for no reason! If I need it ill get someone to bring it to me!

Attachments

• 29146930007_large.jpg
    29146930007_large.jpg
    247.7 KB · Views: 187

Timmos

Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
10' VE SSV
It's a pain having a spare tyre! it adds weight and fuel consumption to lug it around for no reason! If I need it ill get someone to bring it to me!

If you don't mind not having a spare you should have a fibreglass subbox made to fit the spare tire spot. :thumbsup: just a suggestion... that's what i would do if i was confident in my mates reliability to bring me a spare :p

Deutscher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Toyota MR2
If you don't mind not having a spare you should have a fibreglass subbox made to fit the spare tire spot. :thumbsup: just a suggestion... that's what i would do if i was confident in my mates reliability to bring me a spare :p

Haha. Im sure if my mates wouldnt do it, my girlfriend wud do it. If worst comes to worst ill hav to bribe them with some cash... actually I think beers. I'm sure in the long run I'd be better of without having a spare in there in regards to fuel consumpsion ... those tyres r heavy :whistling

I don't want to fibreglass it incase I get done for not having a spare now :cry: and prob costs too much anyway. I am at uni with a low income :whistling

Deutscher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Toyota MR2
I have no spare but have a kit of Tire Slime.

It actually works? funny enough.. last night I dreamt I had a huge nail in my tyre :whistling think it's telling me something lol

Timmos

Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
10' VE SSV
Haha. Im sure if my mates wouldnt do it, my girlfriend wud do it. If worst comes to worst ill hav to bribe them with some cash... actually I think beers. I'm sure in the long run I'd be better of without having a spare in there in regards to fuel consumpsion ... those tyres r heavy :whistling

I don't want to fibreglass it incase I get done for not having a spare now :cry: and prob costs too much anyway. I am at uni with a low income :whistling

i got a quote for mine and the box (not carpeted) was going to cost $550. $600 with 2x 12" holes.

It's alot for a box but damn it would look cool. It's always in my mind as an option..