Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

suction noise

sunshine the vu

Reaction score
Members Ride
2001 vu ute
Hey every one i've got a 2001 vu ute and its been making a sucking noise for a while now when slowly accelerating but when full acceleration it will go away and its just started in my girlfriend's vt ive checked the air boxes for cracks and seal leaks but there are none were else could it be coming from.

Last edited:

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Is your mrs in the car with you when this happens? Do you feel happy??? If the answer to this is yes then run with it and enjoy :)

sunshine the vu

Reaction score
Members Ride
2001 vu ute
Well my girlfriend dosnt care in her car cause its just a runaround but my ute does it and it does my head in as it my pride and joy first car and ive been working on it for a while now

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Check all the vacuum hoses around the TB, it's a common problem for one of the vacuum pipes to come off underneath.

Is your mrs in the car with you when this happens? Do you feel happy??? If the answer to this is yes then run with it and enjoy :)

^^^^^^ My first thought when I read the thread title, Great minds must think alike......

BlackoutSteve

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Caprice LS1
Check all the vacuum hoses around the TB, it's a common problem for one of the vacuum pipes to come off underneath...

Yes, first place I would look. This was also my reply, and has happened to me, bit no happy ending as the sucking stopped.

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
Check all the vacuum hoses around the TB, it's a common problem for one of the vacuum pipes to come off underneath.

^^^^^^ My first thought when I read the thread title, Great minds must think alike......
And I thought it was just me:devil: