Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Sudden Missfire VS V6

bpefi

Tech
Reaction score
Members Ride
Hilux Ute - Vs Ecotech Engine
The injectors are fine, they have been tested, cleaned and new o rings fitted

I understand that the injectors may be ok - what you need to do is find out which cylinder is missfireing & then you can go from there - pulling injector leads is infinately safer than pulling ignition leads off to find a missing cylinder & sometimes the injector lead can be only partially on causing a miss in itself

JoshSvc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Sedan - The Beige Bandit!
I have pulled the leads off and the injector leads as well and all cylinders give an equal miss. I tested what voltage is going through the fuel pump fuse, 11.9 with ignition off and 10.6-10.9 with ignition on, and 14.2v with the car running.

Last edited:

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Id be taking another look at the coils,try to get a "known" working set of coils to try on your car.Id also try another DFI module,its the electronic module that the 3 coils sit on.Theres a wiring connector on the side of it,theres a small bolt that has to be unscrewed before this wiring connector can be unplugged.The contacts in this connector can also get corroded and cause problems so Id check them whilst its unplugged too.

JoshSvc

Reaction score
Members Ride
Done all that with a known working set of leads, coils, and the dfi module and the contacts in the connector are clean, i'm trying to find a fuel pressure tester to borrow but not having any luck!

FstStig

Diagnostician
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SV6
If its not your Fuel pump, Check your Cam Angle sensor. I have one here if you need to test it with a working one.

JoshSvc

Reaction score
Members Ride
Forgot it had one of those tucked away, Just cleaned it and its connections with the same prob, i'll look for some voltage and resistance specs.

JoshSvc

Reaction score
Members Ride
Fixed, i was the fuel pump, put a new one in it and it fired up straight away and reved happily on all 6 cylinders. Thanks for your help everyone!