Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Summernats 2010

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
I think next year will be THE year that will make or break Summernats in Canberra. They have a deal for the next two years with an option to extend it for a further two. We (burn out track crew) had one of the new owners asking our honest opinion on how the show was run and I think they are actually going to take alot of it on board and invest money to turn Summernats back into Australia's best car show. I'd say they were testing the waters with a few things this year and will hopefully implement massive changes next year to bring it up to standard.

SV62NV

Scuba Steve
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY09 VE SV6
I'm pretty sure i've set it up so you can only view the summernats album without having to add me.

Btw before someones says zomg giving out your life to public forum, i'm not accepting any friend requests.

Login | Facebook

VKCOMMO

Carpark Mechanic.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP V6 T5, '77 BMW 320i e21, and a pair of Nike Air
I think next year will be THE year that will make or break Summernats in Canberra. They have a deal for the next two years with an option to extend it for a further two. We (burn out track crew) had one of the new owners asking our honest opinion on how the show was run and I think they are actually going to take
alot of it on board and invest money to turn Summernats back into Australia's best car show. I'd say they were testing the waters with a few things this year and will hopefully implement massive changes next year to bring it up to standard.

as much as i do like a manly show, boobs, blowers, burnouts and beer i would like to see it more family friendly, or atleast more "average joe". when i was crusing friday night i was in my friends dad's customline, she is 14 and she was getting every second guy yelling "tit's out"

personally, i would never take my girlfriend to summetnats, not my kids (if i had them) until it is cleared up.

[RANT]alcohol wise, i dont understand why people can't go there for a day sober and get pissed back at the hotel/home.

I have only ever been to 2 car shows, summernats and Kandos street machine and hot rod show and what i can't seem to comprehend is that people out in kandos (middle of nowhere) can go to their car show and not get drunk, maybe consume 2 beers through the whole day, one with lunch and one halfway through the burnouts or 'go to woa' to cool down but people in canberra get there at 8 in the morning, first stop is one of the 100 alcohol distribution area's, and are pissed wanting to see some slut's pink bits all day, then going back to the hotel and drinking some more.

At my hotel, in the rooms that only have 2 single beds i saw out the front each day 2 cases of jack and 1 case of corona's, that is 24 jacks and 12 corona's each, per night after a day of drinking[/RANT]

VKCOMMO

Carpark Mechanic.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
I'm pretty sure i've set it up so you can only view the summernats album without having to add me.

Btw before someones says zomg giving out your life to public forum, i'm not accepting any friend requests.

Login | Facebook

not working for me Shane, unless you add a select number of justcommodorians and then delete them after or get a photobucket account

ParkwayDrv

Slave to the game
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
vkcommo - you got some pretty sweet summernats pics :thumbsup:

Maxxiz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ SV6
I got a ride in this car for a lap in the Sat night supercruise :D
The owner is the Judging Manager, nice lady :)
P1090397.jpg

And to the guy who said 800 something was highest dyno in nats, I dont think so, my mate had a twin turbo'd commo and he said he got 900 something... It was the orange commo with "Ultimate Image Resprays and Detailing" on it. Same guy who resprayed one of the two XY GT Falcons there (My formal car).. Got a pic of the commo just cant be arsed to put it on the comp.

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
I think next year will be THE year that will make or break Summernats in Canberra.

Your probably right. I thought this year was almost the same as last year, but the crowds were a fair bit better this time. For me, there really hasn't been much difference in the last 2 or 3 years. Turn up at 8, knock the pavilions and exhibitions over by 11 or 12, and stand in the sun on the promenade while my mates shout at the cars for 5 long hours. The first half of the day is fine, but there's just nothing to do for the second half.

One of my mates also commented that this was the lowest number of entrants he'd ever seen, and also complained about the next to nothing levels of imports. Fair amount of rotaries this year though.

But yeah, it was probably their perogative to play it safe this year to get a feel for it.

VKCOMMO

Carpark Mechanic.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
vkcommo - you got some pretty sweet summernats pics :thumbsup:

Thanks man, Just took them to remind me of summernats, i was really surprised how good some were, better than last year on my iPhone. lol. maybe i could get some rep for them?? lol:cool:

SV62NV

Scuba Steve
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY09 VE SV6
not working for me Shane, unless you add a select number of justcommodorians and then delete them after or get a photobucket account

yeah i'll upload the pictures on photo bucket when i get the chance bud ;)