Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Sunroof not working after recall

katmarieb

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Vy
I had my recalled sunroof glass fitted the other day through Custom sunroofs in Vic, the mechanism was working when I brought it into the shop but when Peter finished up, it no longer tilts or slides at all... I have spoken to Webasto and they said there is nothing they can do on their end as it may be the mechanism and that the glass fitting doesn't not interfere with the mechanism.. now I'm left with a sunroof that doesn't work from this glass recall :(
Any help would be much appreciated!

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
Take it back to them and say they need to sort it out,
as it was working before, and I would expect it should work after.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
If it was Custom Sunroof that did the work, I’d be looking to them for resolution rather than talking with Webasto.

After all, according to consumer law, service is meant to be provided with due care and skill. As such, you’d think any skilled sunroof place would first check all sunroof operations before they started to pull anything apart and do the recall work. Then as the sunroof would be confirmed as operational before the work began, it should remain operational after the work is completed (unless they screwed something up) ;) If it wasn’t working on initial checks, they should have contacted you before pulling anything apart :rolleyes:

So don’t let Custom Sunroof fob you off to Webasto. If any discussions are needed with Webasto, then Custom Sunroof can do that ;)

VT2Commie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 Clubsport R8
When we were doing the sunroof recalls at the dealership, the first step was to check if the roof tilted and slid, if it didn't it would need to go to a webasto agent to be repaired and then glass fitted. Would have to organise with the webasto authorised agent to carry out the reglass.

The possible issue the OP has is the wiring at the roof switch has most probably disconnected/snapped off, seen it hundreds of times.

Take it back to the authorised webasto service centre who fitted the glass. They should be repairing it as it was operational before they swapped out the glass.