Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Sup3rst4r's 2011 my11 ve ssv heron ute

SUP3RST4R_DJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 MY11 Holden VE SSV Ute
Mate those wheels look amazing. Shame vossens are a little pricey. :( Yellow calipers really set it off too. Whats from harrop huh?!

Thanks mate, I had to save up for ages to get them haha and the Harrop box will be revealed in my next post.

Love the way this sits and looks simple yet aggressive.

Thanks for the compliment mate, that's the look I'm going for.

Those wheels look unreal mate, what did they set you back if you don't mind me asking? Any guard rolling required for them to fit?

They were pretty pricey mate, your best bet is to email Daniel Galea at B.Boss Wheels for a current price. And yeah I had the front and rear guards rolled, I have found at this height I do get a little bit of scrub out on the highway on big bumps, but I am yet to stiffen the coilovers up.

SUP3RST4R_DJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
Sorry for the slow update, been away on holidays and just haven't gotten around to uploading photos for the thread.

In the box was a new Harrop OTR. I was originally going to purchase a VCM OTR but after reading threads on different forums about their sealing issues decided to get a Harrop unit instead. The Harrop unit is really well constructed and the instructions were very easy to understand and follow. I am always hesitant to do engine work as I am worried about stuffing up and breaking something, but after reading through the instructions a couple times it was very easy to work out.

I also went with a MAF version so I could use it without a tune and after reading other threads I have come to the conclusion that MAFless is not really needed on the VE's.

After doing a 3000km trip over New Year the ute hasn't missed a beat nor thrown a CEL with the OTR on. I will be getting it tuned after I save up for a full exhaust. I'm wanting to get a 3" Extracted system with their factory shorty headers to keep the exhaust sitting higher.

Now I have started to work on the engine bay I hated the sight of the unsightly heater hoses over the engine, so I went and bought 2 of the VC V8 heater hoses and fitted them up. Worthwhile for about $20 each.

New hoses:

Factory hoses:

Comparison:

Install:

End result is a much cleaner look:

After that I got around to fitting the Elite Engineering catch can I bought over a year ago. I thought I'd try something a little different and cut up a Red Bull can and wrapped it around the catch can. I have just used rubber hose for now but am going to look into using some Speedflow fittings and braided hose to pretty it up.

I also degreased and cleaned the engine bay. I used some Autoglym Vinyl & Rubber Detailer.

Where I connected the hoses:

I also found a cheap little dent puller at Super Cheap Auto to try and pull out the small dents I have behind the drivers door. Though they are barely visible.

Thanks again for looking, sorry for the picture overload.

SUP3RST4R_DJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
Tough ute mate very clean!

Cheers mate, yours looks awesome on those wide wheels as well. I love utes with some fitment.

Awesome work bro! She's coming alone nicely as per normal.
With that kind of OTR can you do the infill panels like the VCM?

Thanks man, will have to meet up sometime when you get a Maloo haha. Yeah you can get infill panels for the Harrop OTR's. They are pretty pricey though. I got quoted $132 for the side panels and $100 for the factory air box infill panel. Besides I think I prefer the look of it all open anyway so I'll probably leave it like that for a while.

SUP3RST4R_DJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
So I decided on a couple more cheap and easy mods. I bought some strut cover tops to tidy the engine bay up a little more and also a Rhino Lip.

I didn't like the aluminium finish they came in and it doesn't fit my build, so for time being I just plasti-dipped them black. I'll get them powder coated Gloss Black in the future at somestage though:

Struts before:

After:

The Rhino-Lip is just a stiff rubber used to protect the front bar from scrapes and I feel also gives it an OEM splitter look which I quite like.

Excuse the dirty car and lip, I had been on a drive out of town and put the lip through a few scrapes already. It holds up really well.

SUP3RST4R_DJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
EDIT: Stupid computer double posting yet again

SUP3RST4R_DJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
So I recently moved up to Sydney with my missus and money has been a little tight so not much has happened recently.

However a few weeks back I had a drive of my mates R32 whilst he drove my ute, he missed the turn off that I took and had to do a 3 point turn in the dark on country roads. As he was reversing and just about to put it back into 1st he hit a guard rail on the side of the road. Damaged the rear LH side under the tail light and on the bumper. He was pretty upset with himself and offered to pay to fix the damage. I wasn't really annoyed as accidents do happen and he was paying to fix it so all was well in the end.

(Excuse the dirty car, hadn't been washed for a week or so)

And here is how it came back from the panel beaters after waiting a couple weeks to get booked in.

With the warmer sunnier weather I want to get it out for some professional photos as well.

If anyone knows any car photographers or even hobbyists around the Castle Hill area who won't charge an arm and leg let me know please.

Cheers guys

ASxTecH

Reaction score
Members Ride
GenF LSA Maloo
So I recently moved up to Sydney with my missus and money has been a little tight so not much has happened recently.

However a few weeks back I had a drive of my mates R32 whilst he drove my ute, he missed the turn off that I took and had to do a 3 point turn in the dark on country roads. As he was reversing and just about to put it back into 1st he hit a guard rail on the side of the road. Damaged the rear LH side under the tail light and on the bumper. He was pretty upset with himself and offered to pay to fix the damage. I wasn't really annoyed as accidents do happen and he was paying to fix it so all was well in the end.

(Excuse the dirty car, hadn't been washed for a week or so)

And here is how it came back from the panel beaters after waiting a couple weeks to get booked in.

With the warmer sunnier weather I want to get it out for some professional photos as well.

If anyone knows any car photographers or even hobbyists around the Castle Hill area who won't charge an arm and leg let me know please.

Cheers guys

Oh Dude! That's still annoying to see any damage to it! i have a mate that charges well and lives in Sydney that's doing if you want it a bit cheaper. Does mint work