Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Sup3rst4r's 2011 my11 ve ssv heron ute

scamps10

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV ute
hey mate,

sick ute, love the white and black combo.

were did u get your hard lid from? and how much did u pay?

cheers

SUP3RST4R_DJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 MY11 Holden VE SSV Ute
Show us them new rims ;)

Haha I'll do a thread update now mate

hey mate,

sick ute, love the white and black combo.

were did u get your hard lid from? and how much did u pay?

cheers

Thanks mate, your ute looks pretty clean to :)

I got it from Flat Top Products, from memory it was around $2300 delivered. Thats for the central locking version though, regular locking system knocks a bit off that price.

Holden VE VF+Hard Tops

SUP3RST4R_DJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
So recently the plasti dip on my wheels was finally starting to give up and look like I had rashed wheels, so decided to get them powder coated Satin Black. I also got 2 new tyres since my rears were worn out.
Decided to try out some Nitto Invo's after reading various reviews online. So far I love them, have given them a good run up through the Blue Mountains and found they stick to the road really well even when pushed through the corners. Will defiantly be purchasing again.

Anyway, better make this post interesting and throw up some pics.

Powdercoat:

I love the Nitto Invo tread pattern:

Fitting up:

Also swapped wheels with my mate for a Sydney trip cos his wheels scrubbed on his ute:

And most recently decided to respray my brakes yellow:

That's it for now. Will update as more slowly happens.

Cheers for looking :)

SUP3RST4R_DJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
Still looks slow ;)

Kidding so what wheels do you have now im confused

Haha is slow in comparison since it's still stock engine wise :p once it's paid off I'll get stuck into performance mods. And I have the black SSV's still mate. I don't know if you saw on FB but my mate actually traded his blue ute in on a WRX Club Spec, bit sad getting rid of the ute but the Rex is nice and cracks pretty hard haha

You need to keep these!! Do you know the name of those by the way? I think your mates ute is a fraction too low. The way that wheel is sitting in your rear arch is perf :spot on:

Thanks mate but I didn't actually go much on the wheels whilst they were on. Like I liked them, just would have spent the money on different wheels if I decided to upgrade. That will happen later on though. The wheels are called King Hostile as well, most wheel joints would be able to get them in.
And yeah I agree about the height, it looked phat but was way to low in terms of practicality plus was always scrubbing even with rolled guards. I'm happy with the rear of mine but would like the front to come down about an inch.

Speaking of which that's something I forgot to add in my update. I do have a set of Ksport coil overs sitting in the shed from when my mate traded his ute in, got them at a great price to. Will be installing them when I get a chance to use the hoist at his work place.

Whitesack07

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S
Have to tell us what you think of the ksport coilovers, ive been looking at either them or HSD there both around the $1500 brand new

SUP3RST4R_DJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
So we finally installed the K Sport Coilovers on Monday. They ride amazing compared to just SSSL's (which is no surprise since I think my stock shocks were on their way out). I have only set them to the middle dampening but I personally think they ride great at that adjustment.

I also accidentally set them slightly lower than what the SSSL's sat at, so now I have a fair bit of scraping up my driveway. I'll get onto that at a later date.

(Picture from Google)

Few pics of the height it's currently set at:

There is also a very major mod happening soon that has been put off for too long.

This is a teaser pic: