Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

stoney1only2001

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VU S pack 2002
Hi there, I'm 16 and got my L's on my birthday 2 months ago, in saying that i needed a ride, i bought a golden/hyper metallic yellow. V6 3.8 ecotec VU ute 2002 model (MANUAL) for $5.200... my parents have a wh caprice with the 3.8 super 6 in it and they are looking to sell it soon, i was wondering if i could drive my ute with their super 6 converted into my ute on my Ps, all the way to full license? Btw i live in sydney nsw!

VK SL 3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL 5spd
The super 6 is legal for Ps now days, a manual super 6 generally has idle speed issues due to there never being a factory tune. A std engine should be ok though.

H

harrop.senator

Ive got a vu ute with a manual l67 in it with an xu6 tune and small cam idles fine.

Unsure if it'll be legal in your state as its a mod as wasnt factory fitted. Some p plate laws dont let mods that are legal in factory fitted cars.

5200 is bulk dude i paid 2300 for the mrs with a faded bonnet and roof. Headers, exhaust , hd clutch and ss wheels with 180ks on it and was few years ago. Nice ss vu only get 5-6.

Its pretty easy to extend the original vu harness and repin to suit l67 pcm. Fitting bigger pumps pretty easy and last step is a single mass flywheel conversion and having it mirror balanced to the l67 flex plate.

stoney1only2001

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VU S pack 2002
The super 6 is legal for Ps now days, a manual super 6 generally has idle speed issues due to there never being a factory tune. A std engine should be ok though.
is this in nsw legal?

stick3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sedan vs ute gsx1400
call the RMS they tell you

Miningmech

Reaction score
Members Ride
2001 vu-l67
If you do it definitely convert to manual, I have a Vu L67 with the auto trans, and the auto trans sucks. Seems to struggle with the torque

01broc

Reaction score
Members Ride
3.8 vu supercharged
Hi guys i have a vu and supercharged it orederd a ecu for it does anyone know if it would be right to run 10psi through a standard l36 bottom end cheers