Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Supercharged LSA conversion to ve sv6 series ii

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
Mate you would need to replace the entire drive train and computer system. Just a guess but I am thinking 40K.
When your done, you could probably sell it for 20K.

K-Man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
It would be difficult and sadly $40k would probably be ball park. Maybe less, but not by a whole lot.

You can get the donk for $11k.
Some engine bay work to make it fit. Not overly difficult.
Probably new gearbox so you don't melt it on the first day. Then the rest of the drive train as mentioned above.
You would then need to have some new brakes, because driving around in a car that powerful with SV6 brakes is madness. Minimum 4Pot Brembos up front. $1500
Fuel system too I would imagine.
Then suspension so you can make use of the power. Especially since you now have more weight at the front.

Probably cheaper and easier to Turbo / Twin Turbo your current engine rather than do an LSA swap.

Davison

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16
Motors going for around the $10k mark. Then add whatever you need to finish the package, trans, driveshafts, diff etc. There's a guy on LS1 forum that put one in his SS, best seek him out to see if there were any snags.

I'd say minimum $17-20k for the basic conversion if you're not doing it yourself. $40k is way out there in my opinion.

christov

RFFN RFFR
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline, BMW M4 Coupe, Harley V-Rod

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
Too hard...

How would that be to hard as opposed to an engine conversion on top of everything else required? It would be incredibly easy and youd probably be better off.

---

10k for the engine.

Exhaust work

CPU and Electrics

Transmission and Driveline (Diff work/shafts, engine mounts)

Brakes (will be required for engineering)

Fuel system upgrade.

Then throw in fitting labor, tuning labor etc.

Youll probably easily run into the mid 20s for a engine conversion, for an engine with a small blower.

10k for a Heartbeat drive in drive out. Sell SV6 Series 2 for what? 18k? You can pick an an SS or SSV for around that. Maybe allow for up to 25k for a Series 2.

I fail to see why youd bother.

christov

RFFN RFFR
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline, BMW M4 Coupe, Harley V-Rod
How would that be to hard as opposed to an engine conversion on top of everything else required? It would be incredibly easy and youd probably be better off.

---

10k for the engine.

Exhaust work

CPU and Electrics

Transmission and Driveline (Diff work/shafts, engine mounts)

Brakes (will be required for engineering)

Fuel system upgrade.

Then throw in fitting labor, tuning labor etc.

Youll probably easily run into the mid 20s for a engine conversion, for an engine with a small blower.

10k for a Heartbeat drive in drive out. Sell SV6 Series 2 for what? 18k? You can pick an an SS or SSV for around that. Maybe allow for up to 25k for a Series 2.

I fail to see why youd bother.

Refer to above quote to see how it is too hard. Refer to final line in quote to see how it is too hard.