Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

supercharger on a budget

MADSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn ss
Didn't read his post? He clearly states that it was an incomplete second hand supercharger off eBay.

Sporty custom nice find you got there, I can't wait to see the performance that it gives your car.

I picked up the same kind of charger for $850 with everything needed to fit and run it, even the chip from CAPA.

I dunno about the clealry part, but sorry my bad.

Good on ya mate. thats cheap power.

sporty custom

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vx
well finaly got the car out and about to anyone that knocks powerdyne supercharger has never had one first second and third wheel spin and only toying never went over 3600 so much down low torque looking forward to fitting up new fuel pump at the end of the week and let this thing bounce off the limiter .bring on drag season cant wait

TI3VOM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
well finaly got the car out and about to anyone that knocks powerdyne supercharger has never had one first second and third wheel spin and only toying never went over 3600 so much down low torque looking forward to fitting up new fuel pump at the end of the week and let this thing bounce off the limiter .bring on drag season cant wait

Very nice to hear mate.
Can't wait to hear of the improvement it has made, now all you need is more grip!

sporty custom

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vx
got a set of slicks for race days should be all good went to local drag strip yesterday wow some tough cars and some nice wheel stands lol seriously anyone wanna see some gr8 drag racing look up southcoast raceway they put on a gr8 show all classes catered for.

sporty custom

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vx
fitting 044 fuel pump on days off anything i need to look out for .going to trigger relay of old fuel pump signal wire. run 30 amp live wire with inline fuse to relay from battery .30 amp from relay to fuel pump. and run 20 amp fuse apparently these pumps draw 15 amps . going to use original lift pump to prime 044 pump mounting 044 pump in same location as original external pump. anyone done similar or same any imput would be appreciated. cheers gmac

sporty custom

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vx
new fuel pump fitted no fuel pressure drop . i cant beleive the difference it has made . cars running big boost must go off there heads .best $2000.00 spent i guess will find out how much difference at the drags. since fitting charger driving in the dry is what it was like driving it in the wet wheel spin wheel spin and more wheel spin.

sporty custom

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vx
first drag meeting for the year at local track wddra, will find out how much of a improvement supercharger has made 8.801 was previous best at same track hopefully i will see a 7.99 i if not back to the drawing board. fairly confident of a high 7.

sporty custom

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vx
well bit disappointed had one run b4 probs set in which was a 8.44 @80mph 1.9 60ft heaps of wheel spin first race of the day for the track so track was a bit green.after that was loosing boost soon as i hit second gear .so take a short cut it will bite you on the arse come race day. towards end of day managed to get it to run about 3psi and ran a 8.5 .problem now solved and boost going were it should be seeing 8.5 again last run out felt strong as . so i added 2degrees timing feels better again so bring on next season. moral to the story if buts and maybe wont get you to the next round