Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Superchargers

Kelly Bianco

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV redline
Can anyone give me some advice I've got at least 15,000 to play with I'd like to put a supercharger in for my VF 2014 SSV redline PS

hjtrbo

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FG XR6T / HJ Ute / VF2 R8
@07GTS done one on his GTS. Hope he chimes in.

If the budget allows the TVS2650 is a beast

Just be mindful of auxiliary stuff. Some examples of stuff that gets expensive real quick:
Dual fuel pump setup + reg + injectors
Water to air intercooler setup (including water pump)

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
u may get a centri supercharger on it or a LSA blower if u chase up all the parts, any new PD kits 2300 or 2650 are around the 12k then plus fitting/tuning and fuel system, clutch if ur manual, there is always extras u find along the way also

kleanphil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V SII Sportwagon
I put a Magnusen 2300 with a mild cam for $15.600 fitted , the series 2 fuel pump didnt need upgrading and injectors came with the kit, but keep in mind an exhaust also .This was a about 4 and half years ago so might be dearer now

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Harrop 2650 kit from lsx Performance is $12.5k to your door. Add fuel pump (Walbro 460 in sender unit will cover it nicely) and tune, that's a weekend job and smack on budget (assuming DIY)

Exhaust and other supporting mods are desirable but not mandatory if you stick to squirts, don't flog it and have mechanical sympathy. ****'s still gonna break but that's what powa gets ya

Last edited:

Fallsy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Wagon
Can anyone give me some advice I've got at least 15,000 to play with I'd like to put a supercharger in for my VF 2014 SSV redline PS

Hi Kelly, I’m in the ‘Gong too and Kon @ WAS has done most of the work on my car and is still doing upgrades and tuning, I’ve been talking to him about the 2650 as well. I also spoke with Russo a couple of weeks back and they told me $16k for a 2650, drive in drive out. Food for thought.

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
https://www.harrop.com.au/shop/products/superchargers/tvs2300-holden-ve-vf-commodore

Blown VF >

I just had a HTV2300 fitted to my VX SS, it's awesomeballs, fitted and tuned was $15k, I did get a new fuel pump because my fuel pump was 19 years old, that added a bit extra, which you probably don't need

If you can stretch a little for some highflow cats and a cat back you will have all of the noises

A HTV2300 with a pulley to suit will be ample for a street car, and it's basically pay and play without any/many headaches

Hell, my old LS1 with the HTV2300 with the biggest pulley available is more than enough for street duties

Get the gilmer rear drive straight away, I didn't, but now I have the want for noise, I'm going to need to pay extra to remove the blower and fit the gilmer drive, the drive alone costs an additional $660 before installation, lots of money for some noise, but meh, I like noise

Who is installing and tuning?

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
Get the gilmer rear drive straight away, I didn't, but now I have the want for noise, I'm going to need to pay extra to remove the blower and fit the gilmer drive, the drive alone costs an additional $660 before installation, lots of money for some noise, but meh, I like noise
i got the rear toothed drive on my HTV2300 when delivered just keep in mind i think it may also spin it faster as mine in stock pulleys made 14psi

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
i got the rear toothed drive on my HTV2300 when delivered just keep in mind i think it may also spin it faster as mine in stock pulleys made 14psi

I've got a 85mm pulley on the nose I'm looking at 1:1 rear, they also offer 1:14 but I'm happy with the power it is making as even on 255/40 17 Hankook RS4's my traction is somewhat compromised, even when on the roll

I think I'm around 7 psi, I think....???....

Banjo79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Sportwagon
Hi Kelly, I’m in the ‘Gong too and Kon @ WAS has done most of the work on my car and is still doing upgrades and tuning, I’ve been talking to him about the 2650 as well. I also spoke with Russo a couple of weeks back and they told me $16k for a 2650, drive in drive out. Food for thought.

If only drive in drive out meant fully engineered, or at least engineerable. I've never understood these workshops that can't get a package together (or at least don't advertise one) that will get a guaranteed pass, even if it means an e85 fuel system, oem exhaust and a toned down tune. It's a lot of coin for a maybe. Even for a few $k more, I think there'd be a lot more cars that are blown if it really was drive in and wave to the police on the drive out. Blowers and big brakes are kind of hard to hide if the **** hits the fan. Brake upgrades at least show your trying, blowers on the other hand....