Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Sv6 black edition 2016 clunk noise

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
That was going by the VIN number in the ACDelco TDS system. When id add in a VIN from a mid 2015 VF1 SV6, it would show the clunk fix bulletin. When I checked it with my VF2 Dec15 SV6 and a family members Aug17 SV6, it didn't show up under applicable the relevant service bulletins. Possibly tied to VIN as opposed to date (Or the system isn't entirely accurate)
I think the search entry I used was just VF Commodore year 2016. I didn't enter a VIN to find the bulletin that applied to V6 automatics only. By memory, the repair wasn't something that needed to be done across the board and only applied in cases with the drive to reverse gear clunk.

Jasonjohn

Reaction score
Members Ride
Sv6
I think the search entry I used was just VF Commodore year 2016. I didn't enter a VIN to find the bulletin that applied to V6 automatics only. By memory, the repair wasn't something that needed to be done across the board and only applied in cases with the drive to reverse gear clunk.
Mine is definitely clunking from reverse to drive and park to drive, doesn’t do it from netural to drive or park to neutral

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
Mine is definitely clunking from reverse to drive and park to drive, doesn’t do it from netural to drive or park to neutral
Yes, that's the symptom the Loctite repair as per the bulletin fixes.

Jasonjohn

Reaction score
Members Ride
Sv6
Yes, that's the symptom the Loctite repair as per the bulletin fixes.
Would an electronic diagnosis light up a fault in the torque converter? I have no engine lights or anything else that’s come up - the noise that I’m hearing is like a spinning, low whirring noise at speeds from 40-100. Very hard to listen to unless you put your head down on the gear box while driving. How much would I be looking at to take the gear box out and put a new torque converter