Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

SV6 exhaust sound clips

adam sv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Yep, looks like you've been taken on by the herd Delish-VY, 'tis a shame.

OP, unfortunately you've made the rookie mistake by asking for advice on justcommodores, PM me if you want some help choosing an exhaust.

Yet again another thread that has been ruined, I can see the VE sub-section slowly dying.

you know i read these forums all the time, even for random **** on other cars i have no idea about because i love holdens.. then to ask one question and be 'reprimanded' is just beyond me.. so touche, trolls are killing the ve thread

adam sv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
yesss i enjoyed readding that, seriously ive read nearly every thread on exhaust systems! haha, i just couldnt find a decent video/audio clip on how the red backs sound... cheers

HEXEM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6
If you could afford it and had the same engine configuration as that SV6 in the beginning Youtube video I'd be contacting "that" person and getting the whole story on what's been done to it and how it drives when travelling normally down to the shops or crusing around.. I'd be pretty happy with that setup. But it will never happen with the new LFX engine...

All the best with your decision and should you decide on a system, when it's on post up a video for us to listen to...

Cheers
Phil

adam sv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
He definitely doesn't sugar coat anything but I generally understand where he is coming from, a majority of V6's with modded exhausts are on clapped out beaters and whine/drone around offending ones senses.

Your SV6 has had alot of cash poured into it and I like how it looks...can't comment on the sound cos I"ve only seen pics but...for me V6's shouldn't be about performance or sound they are a bit more on the practical side of things unless they"ve been turbo'd/supercharged, it seems like every second P plater on here wants to put an exhaust on their car...spending anywhere from 200 bucks with cannon specials to 2.5-3k for a proper exhaust...decent wad of money that could have gone towards a spanking new ride later on, think of how much of a nicer car you can get in the second hand market with 2-3k more up your sleeve....you can shift up 2-3 years maybe even more with older models.

....my 2 cents.

mate, have a look at this thread.. and tell me your not a hypocrite. http://forums.justcommodores.com.au...est-way-get-performance-budget-vy-s-pack.html

Delish-VY

Banned
Reaction score
Originally - Eastern Suburbs - Melbourne, Currentl
Members Ride
2003 VY S pack

adam sv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
2 years ago, I didn't get an exhaust because it was a waste of money. :)

the intention was there... dont be quick to put someone down just because its easier.

i think this thread is worn out enough, thanks to those who actually helped out. see ya's later

Delish-VY

Banned
Reaction score
Originally - Eastern Suburbs - Melbourne, Currentl
Members Ride
2003 VY S pack
the intention was there... dont be quick to put someone down just because its easier.

i think this thread is worn out enough, thanks to those who actually helped out. see ya's later

I asked around, didn't like what I heard, Didn't bother....you don't want input from everybody then don't ask everyone. Have a coke n a smile n stfu :)