Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Sv6 sidi ute mods

brob

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve sv6 ute
hey champ sounds like u know a fair bit about holdens,,, if u dont mind i have a question for u,,, i just baught a brand new ve sidi ute , when i first got it it did sik burnouts and prob done about 5 decent burnout since ive had it, i usaly just turn traction control off then drop it and it spins, now wen i turn it off is just shutters and doesnt do them, went to holden today and they said everythings sweet,,, u have any ideas?

Maccas90

We're only young once.
Reaction score
Members Ride
E3 Clubsport R8
is your clutch slipping?
Holden wouldn't know unless they pulled it apart which would cost a few hundred $

wikky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
hey champ sounds like u know a fair bit about holdens,,, if u dont mind i have a question for u,,, i just baught a brand new ve sidi ute , when i first got it it did sik burnouts and prob done about 5 decent burnout since ive had it, i usaly just turn traction control off then drop it and it spins, now wen i turn it off is just shutters and doesnt do them, went to holden today and they said everythings sweet,,, u have any ideas?

Fail post of the year. :banstick:

Maccas90

We're only young once.
Reaction score
Members Ride
E3 Clubsport R8
didnt realise xforce had straight throughs
let us know how the engine light stuff goes, did u install the exhaust yourself? if not where u get it from?

metalpledge, ur car sounds awesome, i will have to look more closely at a similar set up. Whereabouts did u get urs done?

i went to Holden yesterday. it was an error with one of the cats. there wasn't as much back pressure anymore so one of the sensors just went off. they cleared it now though.

the engine light hasn't come on again yet so fingers crossed she should be sweet.

its starting to open up a bit now, sounding better and better every day

SIDISV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
SV6 UTE
good to hear that it was an easily fixed problem and nothing serious
i think im leaning a bit toward the 2.25 xforce at the moment, i've heard a couple and the sound quite good

Maccas90

We're only young once.
Reaction score
Members Ride
E3 Clubsport R8
it's definitely a good move. sounding really good now, had a few people comment on it.

I'm still hoping that it is going to get a bit louder when it's idling though.

have you done anything to your ute yet?

SIDISV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
SV6 UTE
nah not really, i picked it up at a hail storm auction so i still have to get it regoed and stuff. I'm just researching and trying to figure out the best stuff to fo to it. I liked the idea of the Air Hammer CAI, seems to be pretty good, but it doesnt seem to be for the SIDI. I picked up some Maloo springs from a guy on ebay who lowered his ute quite cheap so ill put those on, i just want the back to sit a little lower, i didnt want to lower it too much so i didnt scrape driveways etc.

Maccas90

We're only young once.
Reaction score
Members Ride
E3 Clubsport R8
yea a CAI is my next step. i just started a new thread about which one would be good for an SV6.
i got king springs on mine, perfect height. but mine is sitting on 20's

ads18x

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 SV6 Ute
I have an airhammer on my sidi sv6 thinking about selling it though let me know if anyone is interested