Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

SV6 top speed

TI0350

Reaction score
Website
www.kts350.com.au
Members Ride
White S2 LX Captiva Diesel
Many Years ago my old man hit 200 in our old VH 2.8 l 5 speed so I id be supprised if the SV6 didnt hit 230

V

VZSV6

TI0350 said:
Many Years ago my old man hit 200 in our old VH 2.8 l 5 speed so I id be supprised if the SV6 didnt hit 230
who said it didn't hit 230 or more for that fact

slowr8

Reaction score
Members Ride
vtII Clubsport M6
have any of you guys ever suffered the "speedo power off" at 255klm in your vs gts / gtsr's ??
our s/c gtsr did at 255. that was cool explaining to holden. for the record no we never got an answer as to why?
Sorry forgot to mention when we slowed down the only way to get the speedo back was to "reboot"

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Baritji said:
My dad hit just under 220 in his base model 02 falcon...... So id be very dissapointed if an sv6 couldnt do another 10kph faster..

Dont base models cut out at 180?

B

Baritji

Obviously not. Well Im not sure its a base model, I dont know anything about fords. But I dare say it is a base model, because its a company car... Feels like crap to drive and the only options it as are auto / air.

I wasnt in the car to verify the speed but I believe him!

steane

Reaction score
Website
www.carupdate.com.au
Members Ride
VZ Maloo 6spd
minux said:
Dont base models cut out at 180?
All Fords from that time were speed limited to 180 kph as they had serious vibration issues with their tailshafts. Fords fix was to limit the speed...

VY2ENJOY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Family Truckster
I can vouch for 237 km/h out of a VZ SV6, that is if you believe the big digital speedo.....buggered if I was going to squint at the dash trying to read the 1/2 sweep speedo...one of the dumbest things holden has done to a dash!. And it either has a limiter at that speed or its out of legs take your pick.

S

stew7700

G'day mate, could you please elaborate on what ya mean by 1/2 sweep speedo?

cheers, stew :)

VY2ENJOY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Family Truckster
stew7700 What I call a 1/2 sweep in the SV6 is the speedo only sits horizontaly at 0 and goes to about "3 o'clock" for 260 km/h (or what ever the top speed is) where as My Berlina has 0 km/h at about "7 o'clock" and goes arount to about "4 o'clock" this is the same for the tacho. Does this help or has my explanation made things worse!.