Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Dyl123456789

Reaction score
Members Ride
Sv6 Vf Ute
I have a 2013 vf sv6 ute; it’s done around 100,000kms when it starts cold it has an occasional violent shake and when pulling up at lights ect idiling the revs drop and you can hear the car rev itself back up or it sits there struggling. It does not trigger an engine code, the coil packs have been tested, plugs replaced, throttle bottle is fine, no vacuum leaks, just had all the injectors replaced the fuel tank cleaned out and it is still persisting. The computer is saying the pumps are fine that the idle speed is right ect has anyone had a similar issue

Sir Les

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V6 MY14
I had the same problem with my 2004 VZ Berlina. After a practically blemish-free 10 years of use, at around 100,000 km she started getting the shakes at idle, plus what seemed to be a misfire. Checked all the usual suspects, but the only thing that fixed it was to replace the Engine Control Unit (ECU), which was a $1000 proposition. Ouch!

Dyl123456789

Reaction score
Members Ride
Sv6 Vf Ute
Did you find out what the problem is ? Mine is doing the same.

Got rid of it about 3 weeks ago, tried replacing injectors, got fuel tank cleaned, re-tuned, replaces sparks and coils ect spent about 3.5k and still no better

vywgn

Reaction score
Members Ride
1967 Holden HR Premier Wagon / 2015 VFII SV6 Sedan
Try replacing the fuel purge solenoid on the driver side of the engine