Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

SV6 vs XR6

rusty411

Donating member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE series II Sv6 3.6L ute
people who say leathers crap coz when its hot it sticks and when its cold its freezing are people who have never had it, never owned a car without and would never go cloth, comfy looks and feels amazin lol thats enough rant on my opinion of seats. now for my opinion on fords despise them dunno why just hate them could never drive one, looks crap compard to holden even there badge sucks monkey balls lol, but enough of my view of fords :p

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
I've owned holdens with leather and without. They VY cloth trim was nasty. The cloth trim on my current SS though is quite good (very different to SV6,Omega, etc). Feels much nicer (than previous cloth trims) and is very durable. The big things I don't like about coated leather is that it's slippery and scratches so easily (look out for rivets on jeans, etc). Cloth locks you in place better and is much more durable although it can stain (so don't eat in your car!). There's also quite a lot of work involved in maintaining leather and keep it looking new. Nappa leather is lovely (but fragile) on the right car, ie bently, rolls - something your driven in - not that you drive. The ideal interior coating for me is Alcantara - but that will come if/when I get some sparco seats - or an Aston. Coated leather also has a tendency to dry out and crack as it can be difficult to condition (the coating is waterproof). The hot and cold argument is irrelevant. Get a windscreen shade and/or some pants.

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
Are the HSV seats a step up again from the SSV?

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
and the zf is by far the better auto. havent experianced the manual in the ford.

Well i probably agree in the Auto Transmissions however the Holden Manual is very nice i think and clutch is nice and light and consistent

Ford use the TR6060 M6 ONLY, from XR6 through to the FPV range. Unless things have changed at Holden, you have to buy a HSV to get the TR6060. So Ford have the stronger manual too. But that ZF auto shits all over Holden's auto.

I won't get into the pointless Ford v Holden debate this time. At least not beyond my transmission comments that are completely factual.

LachieSV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Poison Ivy SII SV6
I would prefer a smooth gearshift (SV6) and a featherlite clutch against a lazy long throw with a fairly ordinary clutch XR6 .... from my experience my Holden is a much smoother manual. Thats my Factual opinion....

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
How expensive is the ZF to repair? I'd imagine it'd be alot more then the Holden auto. The sv6 with the ZF would be a weapon.

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
The sv6 with the ZF would be a weapon.

After driving that BMW yeterday I now understand the difference between an excellent auto and a sufficient auto. Huge!! Oh relevance...ahhhm bring on forced induction for the SIDI 6 and it will be gooder that the XR :)

wingwang99

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Voodoo Sv6
You did just say "gooder" didn't you?

Is it me or is the entire world turning to **** with grammar? All you have to do is look at the tard that started this thread.