Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

SVS (service vehicle soon) H E L P - S O S

Sparkmaker

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz calais
Hi ppl well thats my newest form on the site and am asking for some help

I have a 2005 VZ Commodore

and I see (SVS*) on the dashboard it comes and goes every time. and the problem is I don't have any (trouble codes**) when i check in the dashboard some ppl say its got something to do with the oil pressure sensor can any one tell me what to do plz ?

*NOTE : it is not a service reminder message its ( service vehicle soon )
**NOTE : THERE IS a trouble code checker in the dashboard and u can bring it up the same way u reset ur service reminder but u push the (mode and set) keys rather than the arrows

check the attachments for pictures

Attachments

• service vehicle soon.jpg
    service vehicle soon.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 2,250
  • trouble codes.jpg
    trouble codes.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 3,228

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
I'd bet it's the oil pressue sensor on it's way out. Very common problem wit hthe VZ (if you have the V6) It will need the scan tool to clear and probably the sensor replaced.

Sparkmaker

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz calais
thank u sir for answering so ur saying I must use the scan tool first whenever I see ( SVS ) warning

but do u know why there are no trouble codes ? or the trouble codes got nothing to do with ( SVS ) warning.

thanks again

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
The common thing is the oil pressure sensor are prone to failure and this is the message that pops up. I took my VZ to the local mechanic and when he scanned the car it showed up as the oil pressure sensor. (about 10 VZ owners in the past 6 months have had the same issue on this forum) I put a second hand unit in while at the mechanics and not had the problem return. That was maybe 8 months ago.

If it is the oil pressure sensor it's an easy cheap fix and once replaced they clear the code and away you go :)

The error code only shows up with the scan tool - not on your dash as such..

D_BLOCK

Reaction score
Members Ride
BLACK VF SS UTE
If its not the sensor as 88 has suggested have you recently got a OTRCAI ? just asking because when I brought and installed a "Maf/mafless" version 5 days later I got the same warning.

Anyway just a thought. Other wise get the tech 2 scanner onto it and see what it is.

impulsive

Alloytec Racing
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Alloytec
It would def be an oil pressure sender (easy fix) there have been MANY cases of the 'service vehicle soon' warning.. all leading to this

kblume

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII Berlina V6
When my old VZ V6 had the oil pressure sensor fail, it would come up with the SVS message about 10 seconds after you stopped at say a set of lights, then would go away after moving off, only seemed to come on at idle.. Get it scanned, but as most have mentioned, it is most likely the oil pressure sensor.

Sparkmaker

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz calais
well 88GreenVN's & impulsive & kblume you all were right

here`s what happened to me in detail I tend to push the car a bit hard I admit am an aggressive driver.
and I noticed some oil dripping out from the oil pressure sensor socket (thats when svs warning started to pop out) and after that I lost some engine oil and the (check oil) warning came out for 2 seconds every time I turn the car hard.

as 88GreenVN's said I scanned the car with a tech2 it cost me 22 $ USD the mechanic said u have a dud oil pressure sensor so I bought one for 28 $ USD & because of the narrow space I changed it with a 27mm box end wrench. the warning disappeared & and my car stopped whining :yahoo:

NOTE : check the attachments for the check oil warning & oil pressure sensor place & the wrench shape

Attachments

• check oil warning.jpg
    check oil warning.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 1,637
  • old oil sensor.jpg
    old oil sensor.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 9,807
  • new oil sensor.jpg
    new oil sensor.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 1,321
  • Box end wrench.jpg
    Box end wrench.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 952

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride

here`s what happened to me in detail I tend to push the car a bit hard I admit am an aggressive driver.
and I noticed some oil dripping out from the oil pressure sensor socket (thats when svs warning started to pop out) and after that I lost some engine oil and the (check oil) warning came out for 2 seconds every time I turn the car hard.

as 88GreenVN's said I scanned the car with a tech2 it cost me 22 $ USD the mechanic said u have a dud oil pressure sensor so I bought one for 28 $ USD & because of the narrow space I changed it with a 27mm box end wrench. the warning disappeared & and my car stopped whining :yahoo:

NOTE : check the attachments for the check oil warning & oil pressure sensor place & the wrench shape

LOL - $22 for a newie :) - I was told a new one was over $100....... Just goes to show - we get ripped off all the time every where.

Oh and good work on getting it all fixed so cheap :)

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon

mechanic said u have a dud oil pressure sensor so I bought one for 28 $ USD
NOTE :

Would you mind sharing with us where you obtained an Oil Pressure Switch for $US28