Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Sway bar diameters VF1 SS FE2

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
Yeah - yours does looks better. Mine sits a bit high, but I want to keep it standard.
VE FE3 was a bit lower than stock but in VF, all ride heights were much the same and just too high to look normal. I think after lowering my SV6 wagon 25mm (380mm from the center of the wheel to the guard) is the ride height that FE2/FE3 should've been stock.

I struggle to understand how Holden could think that a sports suspension wagon needed to be 25mm higher than this.

20230902_162609.jpg

wetwork65

A wet business
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Wagon & VF SV6 Wagon
VE FE3 was a bit lower than stock but in VF, all ride heights were much the same and just too high to look normal. I think after lowering my SV6 wagon 25mm (380mm from the center of the wheel to the guard) is the ride height that FE2/FE3 should've been stock.

I struggle to understand how Holden could think that a sports suspension wagon needed to be 25mm higher than this.
My height will be better than yours for off-roading through the water courses and potholes in Sydney Northern Beaches roads. (I'm trying to find a reason to be happy with the height).
Starnagely my SSV seems to sit lower and is much firmer of course.

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
My height will be better than yours for off-roading through the water courses and potholes in Sydney Northern Beaches roads. (I'm trying to find a reason to be happy with the height).
Starnagely my SSV seems to sit lower and is much firmer of course.
Holden used to have an overlander option or outback pack with raised suspension heights and steel sump guards under the engine. I'm not sure when it was discontinued of if it was ever available in VE/VF. I don't think off-roading is common among sports badged model buyers to accommodate that stock.

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars

I bought quite a few of those VEie thingy Commodores and had them all lowered.

The dealer principal at my dealership told me he loved the stock height they arrived from the factory with.

Potential buyers of the sports models would come in and say they looked too high, and the sales staff were instructed to automatically offer them a King Spring package.

If they went for it, they'd then say they could also offer an exhaust and tune package as well.

He said he was making a killing out of it.

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
I bought quite a few of those VEie thingy Commodores and had them all lowered.

The dealer principal at my dealership told me he loved the stock height they arrived from the factory with.

Potential buyers of the sports models would come in and say they looked too high, and the sales staff were instructed to automatically offer them a King Spring package.
Then we've got the German's who can set the ride heights of their sports models spot on stock!

20190215_173351.jpg

mstrjon32

Reaction score
Members Ride
-
Would love to lower my SV6 wagon as it looks great but around here I'd be scraping it on nearly everything. Need to take it easy just getting in and out of the house...

wetwork65

A wet business
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Wagon & VF SV6 Wagon
Just done a second Sydney Canberra return trip in my SV6 with the Monroe struts.
Way better road feel and control than the Sachs I had in for 6 months and the bonus is that the rubbing noise has gone from the passenger side, which I was blaming on the strut mount and/or the bearing.
Now, if only I could tighten up the handling a bit and make it feel a bit better planted, like my SSV.

MaxCommie689

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Calais V

View attachment 260891
I'm with you on the ride height. Holden could have done a much better job with it.
Your car looks like a million bucks - except for that antenna. Ever considered using a bee-sting/ stubby version instead?

MaxCommie689

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Calais V
Just done a second Sydney Canberra return trip in my SV6 with the Monroe struts.
Way better road feel and control than the Sachs I had in for 6 months and the bonus is that the rubbing noise has gone from the passenger side, which I was blaming on the strut mount and/or the bearing.
Now, if only I could tighten up the handling a bit and make it feel a bit better planted, like my SSV.
Considering a swap to FE3 componentry?