Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

taking out the spool :(

Andrew426

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP calais, VR Berlina, VJ valiant, BG5 legacy
You have to be joking?
Im sure more lives have been taken away in car related accidents due to speeding, drink driving, not driving to the conditions, bald tyres, worn out suspension, bad brakes etc then spools have, So seriously Get the #### over it :)
So you're saying its ok if only 1 or two people die from it?

Wrong attitude man.

The fact that this thread seems to be about 'an LSD being less dangerous in the wet than a spool' is ####in rediculous, and you obviously shouldnt be fitting either.

ParkwayDrv

Slave to the game
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ

VT-565

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
LOL dude, seriously, To snap an axle on a launch you need a shitload of power, and put it into a wall at 100mph? thats 160km, If someone stapped an axle and didnt get off the pedal straight away then they deserve what they get, and not to mention if you had a car with enough power to snap an axle on take off then the other wheel would just spin...... Big hole in your theory BUUUUUUUUT if somehow that was possible then its a perfect example of the driver being the problem and not the diff :D

I think Qld Kev was referring to drag racing there.
To snap an axle on launch doesn't require bulk power.
You need traction to do that.

QldKev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina - GENIII
LOL dude, seriously, To snap an axle on a launch you need a shitload of power, and put it into a wall at 100mph? thats 160km, If someone stapped an axle and didnt get off the pedal straight away then they deserve what they get, and not to mention if you had a car with enough power to snap an axle on take off then the other wheel would just spin...... Big hole in your theory BUUUUUUUUT if somehow that was possible then its a perfect example of the driver being the problem and not the diff :D

That was an example of what happens in the real world! have you ever been to the drags? I've seen it happen plenty of times; cars launching good and suddenly shooting off sideways. Sometimes the driver is lucky they get to be the driver again. I know you are such a good driver, you could respond fast, and these others can't drive for sh!t. Have you ever though at a decent launch, at peak torque when the axle would snap that the engine would have enough momentum to continue driving the rear tyres for a while; not a long period just enough to throw that power into that one 1 axle.

But after a search last night on other forums it seems you guys are in your own world with loving spools for the street. I'll leave my comments here and you can go on defending your spools.

QldKev

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
Bro, its not a joke. You sit in your computer chair laughing, but people have been killed and lives ruined because of idiots like you doing illegal modifications.

This car is believed to have had a welded diff
Teen pleads guilty after runaway car kills toddler - Story - National - 3 News

I know you are gonna reply "but im a good driver, that will never happen to me" but thats all bullshit. Being a good driver is 20% skill and 80% attitude. And you obviously have the wrong attitude.

You have no clue what i'm going to reply.

First thing, the 'welded diff' didn't kill anyone, the ####wit behind the wheel did.
2nd, I know it wont happen to me, because I dont do hero drifts in residential area's.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride

I know of a certain car that had a welded diff, which snapped an axle, managed to get wheelspin in all 5 gears, without any movement from the steering wheel to keep the car straight.....If i hadn't seen it with my own eyes, i probably would have agreed with whathisface that you'd end up in a wall if such a thing happened.

Andrew426

Reaction score
Members Ride
:whistling .

Oh clever.

Both my commodores are legal.

That puts me a step ahead of half the other posters in this thread.

So Nah, Im not a retard - Stealthy is. And all the rest of you driving illegal shitheaps are too.

TI3VOM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
Yes well we were all young and stupid once, come to think about it I'm still young and stupid but at least I'm learning, no actually the car was purchased off an old guy, modified then sold to me, nah mate why would you think that car had been thrashed? Did the spool give that away genius?

Keep digging that hole you're digging. Purchased off an old guy then modified then sold to you, OKAY.

How do you know it was an old guys car? was there proof? why was it modified then sold to you? who modified it?

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Oh clever.

Both my commodores are legal.

That puts me a step ahead of half the other posters in this thread.

So Nah, Im not a retard - Stealthy is. And all the rest of you driving illegal shitheaps are too.

LOL. Its been fun, but i think its time i blocked you before i tell you my true opinion of you and your poverty packs.

Also, both your cars are not legal. I guaranteed you could be defected (because every car on the roads can ;))

Andrew426

Reaction score
Members Ride
LOL. Its been fun, but i think its time i blocked you before i tell you my true opinion of you and your poverty packs.
So i obviously dont know anything, because I drive execs.

I work on heavy passenger service vehicles all day, but I apparently know nothing about road safety because my commodores are only execs.

What a tool.