Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tech 2 programming proceedures.

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Someone the other day posted up about recalibrating the speedos in VT/VX with the tech2 and I posted up in that thread that on VY models the tech 2 doesnt give you the option to change the speedo pulses, but instead it asks you to get the car up to 100 km/h on a dyno and then press enter on the tech2 to calibrate the speedo, well Ive just found that theres another menu option where the speedometer pulses can be modified to change the speedo readings.
First select your model and select F3- body,
Select instrument and press enter.
Select F5-Program.
Select F1-Configuration.
Select the engine type and press enter.
Scroll down to speedometer pulses in the list.
Press the modify key and select the pulses you want with the keypad numbers on the tech 2.
Press enter and then press the program key to program the new settings to the dash.

My VY speedometer was reading way too high, (80 km/h when really doing 60 km/h) so I adjusted the speedo pulses from 5000 to 5800 and it now reads very close to spot on. I will use GPS for its final setting when I get a chance.

For the guys and girls that fit chevrolet badges to their commodores,this might be of interest. I came across a way to change the holden logo thats displayed on the dash when the key is turned on. You can change it from saying holden to chevrolet, it displays the chevrolet logo as well..
To do this-

Go into instrument.
Press F5- Program.
Press F1- Configuration.
Highlight the country- (australia/new zealand) and then press the modify key.
Select the country you want to change it to, (I changed mine to middle east to get the chevy logo displaying)
Press enter and then press program to program the new settings to the dash.

For anyone thats interested in this tech 2 stuff on VY models, I will post up more as I find out more..

Last edited:

oska

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx custom 600RR
or you can use Arrow software with an ALDL cable

A1.JPG

Last edited:

Ghost

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs Commodore berlina Sedan 1996
Did the middle east thing and lost cop mode

Ghost

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
I went through all the countries and all but Australia/new Zealand all have the chev badge but there is no cop mode so its either a chev badge or a large digital display you cant have both

oska

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx custom 600RR
It's the VY Diagnostics Arrow Australia software i have a copy of it i'm sure it must be available somewhere on the net

it allows to completely configure the cluster and even display a start up message or logo and settings not available on the tech2

here's another pic

A2.JPG

Ghost

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
yeah well it must not be comercially available because ive only seen it once before and that was in the aldl section on car modder.com so i dunno if u can find a link even on ebay that would be good because there are alot of settings on there id like to edit

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
Would be good to know how to program lag out of the V6 VZ.... :)

Ghost

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
im searching everywhere and i cant find it on ebay i cant find it on google so im stuffed if i know i looked back at car modder and no links there either

oska

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx custom 600RR
yeah well it must not be comercially available because ive only seen it once before and that was in the aldl section on car modder.com so i dunno if u can find a link even on ebay that would be good because there are alot of settings on there id like to edit

the MODs here would not allow me to offer you a copy even though they would like a efilive pro serial number LOL , it's an 8 meg file so i wouldn't even know where to up load it