Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Telemarketers - I got THEIR NUMBER!!

What should I do?

• Ring them heaps

Votes: 10 11.9%
  • Give out the number so we all can get pay back?

Votes: 68 81.0%
  • Forget about it?

Votes: 6 7.1%

• Total voters

Bec

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6L Wagon
What happened in the original conversation? Ie was it polite no thanks ok cya, they let you hang up, or were they rude like most and hang up when you're mid sentence? What were they selling?

Just think it would be a good to know - incase you end up giving out the number. Sets the scene for how rude or polite we can be when we ring up :p

starkeyholden

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Adventra
If you call the number back, all you get is the company's receptionist sitting in a different room to the telemarketers, or an answermachine, or a computer trying to sell you stuff. Say they have 50 telemarketers, with a phone each... whichever one calls you, it doesn't matter as they all display the same number. What you want is their EXTENSION NUMBER (a variation in the last four numbers ) to be able to call the exact phone back

vh-holden

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS sedan and a VK DRGWGN
umm, wouldn't ringing them up and abusing them be pushign the boundaries of the law?

fitzy2005

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Berlina
BANGERS88 said:
haha classic that would be at their expense to would it not:rofl:

lol it wood be, but every minute they on the fone they get paid for it remember...

vh-holden

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS sedan and a VK DRGWGN
and it is time that your phone is out of service and someone important could be ringing you.

VS Omega

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Omega
vh-holden said:
and it is time that your phone is out of service and someone important could be ringing you.

You're too serious man, with your one sentence posts. Lighten up a bit jeez :shutup:

Julie

moderator- for now anyway
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VT Calais 355 + SC VY V6
vh-holden said:

or another bloody telemarkerter! :dance:

TheForgotten

only human......
Reaction score
Website
www.holdenscene.com
Members Ride
VR EXEC
well I reckon there's 2 ways to look at it.
1) you could ring back every hour or so and abuse them or try to sell them something they don't want, or
2) you could just sit back and understand that as annoying as they are, it's their job, and they have feelings too. they constantly have people abuse them over the phone, and I guess it just builds up until they blast the next coldcall.....

vh-holden

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS sedan and a VK DRGWGN
Juzza said:
You're too serious man, with your one sentence posts. Lighten up a bit jeez :shutup:

so what if i know how to use our ownderful language effectively, and can present a quick and concise message.

i'm not one for dribbling crap in my posts!!!

luvmycommodore

Mum's Taxi *sigh*
Reaction score
Website
ucw.com.au
Members Ride
'02 VXII Acclaim Wagon
BANGERS88 said:
haha classic that would be at their expense to would it not:rofl:
It is until they hang up LOL Once they get tired of waiting they hang up which frees their line coz they called me.

I did get an international one once though where the line was still open when i went to hang up after 30 minutes, so i left it a while longer and then they hung up. Wonder what their phone company thought of that lil call from India to Oz, even better, it was the "Great Southern Cross Phone Company" calling me from India.