Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tesla Model S

Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
Um, no it isn't! My point is that the present technology is not viable for the common man, and a disgusting waste of resources only for rich metrosexual wankers.

That's just plain WRONG!!! There's plenty of $90,000+ cars on the road in the USA and all across Europe. And there's also a LOT of $200,000+ cars on the roads in Australia. Not to mention that the Tesla Model S has also been PROVED to be very viable outside metro areas.

With the Tesla superchargers, even long distances are viable. 45 - 60 minutes for a charge is more than acceptable when it costs you nothing, or even if it only costs you a few dollars. Have a break and a bite to eat while you wait. :)

Father-daughter duo finish first Tesla Model S coast-to-coast drive in less than a week | ExtremeTech

And I'm sure installing superchargers is very quick and easy. They could be added to existing car parks and connected to the nearest electricity mains quite easily.

I think anyone that doesn't think it's only a matter of time before this is "viable for the common man" as PIR4TE says is kidding themselves.

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
That's just plain WRONG!!! There's plenty of $90,000+ cars on the road in the USA and all across Europe. And there's also a LOT of $200,000+ cars on the roads in Australia. Not to mention that the Tesla Model S has also been PROVED to be very viable outside metro areas.
OK, say you are a metrosexual just like the TV character, can afford a couple of hundred thousand dollars on a car that whinges beeps and whines about energy and batteries on a typical road trip, then keeps you waiting a compulsory three hours to charge up several times on your trip from Sydney - Melbourne.. and it takes you almost 50% more time to get there because of diversion to charging stations as per the US trip example.. to me that's wasting your life in a ridiculous, frivolous pursuit. You need some help, and f%*k knows how you got the couple of hundgy in the first place coz you know, for most of us plebs with feet on the ground, time is money.

And I'm sure installing superchargers is very quick and easy. They could be added to existing car parks and connected to the nearest electricity mains quite easily. I think anyone that doesn't think it's only a matter of time before this is "viable for the common man" as PIR4TE says is kidding themselves.

Yes mate, but I don't think you get the joke. Sweet dreams about your ultimate road trip, I'll give you a toot as I drive by on-cam with one middle finger up :yarr:

Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
No - it's not me that doesn't get it.

SpaceYam

somewhat awesome
Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 Ford Focus ST
$90,000+ for a car?

I've spent less than $40,000 on cars IN TOTAL. I am dreaming of the day when I can afford to buy something around the $30k mark brand new.

$90,000+ for the "common man"?

The average wage is something like $55,000. Most of us could barely afford a mortgage on that wage, let alone a brand new car worth $50,000.

Welcome back to the real world!

Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
$90,000+ for a car?

I've spent less than $40,000 on cars IN TOTAL. I am dreaming of the day when I can afford to buy something around the $30k mark brand new.

$90,000+ for the "common man"?

The average wage is something like $55,000. Most of us could barely afford a mortgage on that wage, let alone a brand new car worth $50,000.

Welcome back to the real world!

HSV sold 650 Gen-F GTS in four months at $90,000+ each in the real world.

Work harder?

SpaceYam

somewhat awesome
Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 Ford Focus ST
Yeah, how about you give me a job? It's not like I haven't been trying to find full time work for the last 18 months. Right now I work two casual jobs, one I'm still waiting to be paid for a month's worth of work, and the other, a good week means I get $100. At the moment I'm lucky if I even earn enough to pay tax.

And your point is still moot. Mazda are looking to sell around 3500 Mazda 3s per month this year, and that is just one model of normally priced cars. So what is HSV sold 650 of a model in four months? How many people work in the mines in this country on $120,000 minimum? We're talking thousands of young blokes with too much money and nothing to do with it, of course HSV are going to sell expensive cars.

You are ignorant and obviously a complete tosser. How about you spend 6 months trying to live on around $350 per week or less, like I've been doing?

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR