Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tesla Model S

SpaceYam

somewhat awesome
Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 Ford Focus ST
geez dude. the dole pays more than that!

you should look at becoming an apprentice mechanic :p thats a step up.

Dole pays more? Isn't it something like $236 a week? Besides, unlike what our faux-Indian friend probably thinks, I believe in earning your keep. Going on the dole is pretty much the last thing I want to do :p. Plus, apprentice wages are still way too low and there's no way I want to be earning 17k or less for 4 years...

I do have other plans though, unfortunately I won't see the dividends (assuming I get through) until June ... until then, gotta scrape by a bit more :p

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
Back to the point of the Tesla its quite a cool car but electric vehicles need in general to work is infrastructure which sadly in the transport department this country lags behind significantly. Also here you also have the obstacle of large trips taken by most who don't live in the inner cities unlike Europe. But the car itself some amazing bit with the instant torque and speed, as well as electric motors (good ones anyway) generally can handle being at full tilt a little better than IC engines. In the future there could also be the option of variable motor timing giving the driver basically a power button to turn up or down the power to a degree, but that is still a little way off still. Unfortunately between battery life, cost and lack of integration this is still very distant from becoming the norm.

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR

Decicrate

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
[video=youtube_share;0pQgY09bfjA]http://youtu.be/0pQgY09bfjA[/video]

Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
Hydrogen from water would be fantastic! The potential is HUGE! The biggest problem is how to make it mainstream and viable.

kingyinperth

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 2012 Heron SS Thunder Ute M6
No - it's not me that doesn't get it.

GTFO...you are deranged/delusional/living with that little bloke on fantasy island(who's name escapes me right now dammit :smoking: )???

Thought Sheldon was the one with loopy theories,guess he is wearing off on his mates :p

Husky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII L67 Berlina Wagon and VEIISSV M6 Sportswagon
Just had a thought. We live in a city that turns power off to towns on hot days because the supply can't cope. How are we going to be when everyone plugs in their car to charge at the same time?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk