Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[Ecotec] Tests on Pod/Panel - Dyno differences in CAI/Intakes

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
Nice write up. Still vote cut bigger hole in bottom of airbox high flow panel filter and your golden.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Nice write up. Still vote cut bigger hole in bottom of airbox high flow panel filter and your golden.

that's what i had, with shielding to prevent hot air from entering before my current enclosed POD/CAI setup and i know which i prefer :D

89vn_Jai

Reaction score
Members Ride
89 VN Exectutive
All it shows to me is that LPG is just as **** as i thought it was....

LOL @ 50 rwkw difference from gas to petrol.

However, IMO the L67 CAI with the stock airbox is about the best you will do on a stock Ecotec. On higher power/blown set-ups they can and do become a restriction though.

I picked up 9 rwkw by removing the L67 CAI on my L67. While it doesn't sound like a lot, 9 rwkw is still a fair restriction.

I am not the biggest fan of lpg, but it is not necessarily ****. It sounds like this ecotec has a gas mixer fitted that is too small, and not big enough for this motor.

89vn_Jai

Reaction score
Members Ride
89 VN Exectutive
K&N pods are know to not flow as much as a K&N panel filter theres lots of pod filters that **** all over K&N for flow cheapo wildcat pods used to be one of the best flowing in flow bench testing

You do know that it would probably work out better for your engine not to have the highest flow filter as they do not filter enough fine dust. Even for K&N filters, ever heard the term 'rock stopper' mentioned?

This is of course only important for street cars. Especially if you want you'r engine to last.

WazzaV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Redline
The enclosed pods like SS Imductions take ain't from under the car, wouldn't it be a flawed test if your directing cool air straight to the OTR but not where the Enclosed Pod takes its air? Also SS Indictions recommend 500 to 1000 km to let the computer adjust before full Benifits are realised, did you do this or just chop and change on the same day?

showbags

SENIOR EL'BAGO
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais, BMW 135 m sport
The enclosed pods like SS Imductions take ain't from under the car, wouldn't it be a flawed test if your directing cool air straight to the OTR but not where the Enclosed Pod takes its air? Also SS Indictions recommend 500 to 1000 km to let the computer adjust before full Benifits are realised, did you do this or just chop and change on the same day?

Probably already got it sorted. Since the last post is over 2 years old.

WazzaV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Redline
Yeah, reading dates is like reading instruction, I just can't do it