Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

That song you just can't find...

matty88

LPG Installer :p
Reaction score
Members Ride
TEXXXY: Resprayed TX3 Non Turbo
What's the name of the song that is featured in the F1 2007 Gran Prix TV ad? I like it!

danls1

Reaction score
Members Ride
98' VT Exec.
I'm pretty sure its called Galvanise by The Chemcal Brothers. I love that ad.

Thomas1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67 Statesman
I'm pretty sure its called Galvanise by The Chemcal Brothers. I love that ad.

Yeah thats what its called. I couldnt find the name of the song for ages, so I actually contacted the grand prix corporation. They got back to me in about 10mins and told me what it was :yeah:

Schmoburger

Capt'n Kombi
Reaction score
Website
www.baywindowmafia.tk
Members Ride
'83 VH Vacationer wagon and '76 Volkswagen Kombi.
Heheh smooth! :D

I have been scouring high and low for a song called "Me and JC", composed by ex-Pink Floyd member David Gilmour for the film adaption of Cement Garden in 1992.

It's a bloody awsome song which plays during the tickle scene and from memory the sunscreen scene... very dark sounding (appropriate to the theme of the film really) but that is my thing so yeh!

The reason I can't find it is because it effectively doesnt exist... It was never released on any of Gilmours albums, and there was never a soundtrack released for the film, so the only place it exists is in a couple of scenes of said film. I'd be over the moon if anybody was actually able to find it, however I have only turned up about 3 references to it on google and after putting the word out on Aussieveedubbers, Maccadict, and even the Neptune Pink Floyd forums... I am still no further ahead!!!! :eek:

I may end up having to buy the film to get just that song... which I could live with cos its a good film... th only problem is it is hard as hell to get in itself!

Cheers!

The Darkness

Junk Yard Dog
Reaction score
Members Ride
Charged VT V6 A4
this is rediculous. i've been after this one for ages but never bothered to look for it properley. it has lyrics like He's fantastic, Mr Boombastic. in a reggea kinda style. dont know why i want it but i like it for some reason

vy_storm

just another moderator...
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.users.on.net
Members Ride
VE Calais V 6L
this is rediculous. i've been after this one for ages but never bothered to look for it properley. it has lyrics like He's fantastic, Mr Boombastic. in a reggea kinda style. dont know why i want it but i like it for some reason
Easy - Shaggy - Boombastic

fnlow1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais '93
OK I am trying to find a song- I know the artist, I know the name of the song, I know the lyrics to the song....But I cant find anywhere that sells it....I cant even find it to download.... It's recieved quite a bit of air time locally and has probably been out around a year.....

Tell Me Why- by John Morley and Steve Hart

(it also features a chick on the vocals)

Anyone know the song?

Anyone know where I can get my hands on a copy?

naf33n

go
Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VU SS
the song from the new honda crv ad. everyone ive asked so far seems to have no idea

MikesVT

M&M =D
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing :'(
^ havent seen the ad... I'll keep an eye out for it!