Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

That truck driver you flipped off? Let me tell you his story

inocnt vn

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vn Calais 5ltr, Vg ute,
Ill probably get flamed for this but, I used to drive from townsville to brisbane an back about 3 times a year for 3 years (Not in a truck). an at least 3 times on each trip, usually late at night i would be sitting on 120km/h an road trains with up to 4 trailers would fly pass me with ease, they must have been doing 140km/h plus easy, with there little limited to 100km/h sign on the back. just saying.

FOUR TRAILERS?? HAHA now thats dribble right there!!

sleek_vp

sleek_vp
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS ute
i may not understand the stresses in the job of a truckie but i damn well respect all of them on the road being that im a heavy commercial vehicle mechanic and totally understand the mechanicaly nature of these vehicles what it takes to operate a tipper, dog, semi or b double in all conditions so i always give them the courtesy they need and whenever im with someone whos got no idea or thinks they know but doesnt think i let them know what they did was dumb

sleek_vp

sleek_vp
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS ute
Ha ha. I've seen some dumb sh!t behaviour on the highways with city drivers thinking (or not at all) that the 60 km/hr traffic maneuvers can be applied with a 60 ton B-double on the freeway around a blind bend. Not pretty...

I let my missus know that you don't know if the driver in the car in front or behind us is on meth or dope and is a pathological psycho with a loaded gun under their seat. Same goes for the very few truckies that choof or do a point or two whilst driving. You just don't know who you are dealing with when things become hairy on the roads and it's not worth the risk of gambling a few seconds with death.

I have a very simple rule of thumb on the roads: if it is heavier than me then it is best to give way and steer clear until safe to pass. And if someone appears to be driving like a fcukwit then its best to pull over and let them go on to their own accident scene without me being involved.

Some would argue that these particular drivers should attend driving training, defensive driving courses, blah blah blah. I say that some just can't be taught to drive safely at all no matter what their gender, age or background for various road conditions (eg tailgating during the first rain in summer when the intersections are their greasiest).
Naturally I just finished my set...

wow wee you said it in one my every thought on everyone on the road is that, everyday i see a muppet or two do something stupid like they think its acceptable or realy couldnt give a **** either way, they say leave 2 seconds for the car in front at 60k or 4 for 100- i double that, im at the point of my life and im only 26 so been driving for nearly 10 years that im paranoid about other drivers and try to stay the hell away on my own piece of road

oska

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx custom 600RR
are trucks really speed limited to 100k p/h

?

old mate

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VB Sedan / GU Patrol
there is ####wit truck drivers. and there are good ones.

its rarely that you will get major trucking companies running overtime, its usually the owner-operator type guys and these guys also run without speed limiters. a fair few trucks that are running western nsw and north from up there dont run speed limiters, from what i have seen on a recent trip up there. i know all our trucks do 100, and that is it. our gear has gps tracking, can track if they take corners too hard, brake too late etc.

and the trucks also have software that show if the driver changes into neutral down hills etc. if they do this, they get a big kick up the ass. our drivers are never under pressure to make unreasonable deadlines, and usually the only reason they will rush is because of their own agendas to get home.

my family run a fairly big transport company and i have seen my fair share of crashes, due to both truck driver error, loading error or just dumb car/motorbike driver/riders. i've seen a car get run over by a truck turning because they didnt want to wait for it to go around a corner, i've had to pressure clean off blood and bits of person off a trailer when a motorbike rider passed around a blind corner and got run over, and also seen my fair share of ########s in cars with no idea. i have seen some **** truck drivers too, but they dont last very long with us.

Bravotwozero

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 AMG C63 W204 Speedshift + 2013 KW T909
are trucks really speed limited to 100k p/h

?

Yes. Although they can exceed this while going downhill.

Need some youtube clips to make this thread complete! :)

[youtube]PtHzaeTpYB0[/youtube]

This one is awesome!

To cut a long story short, douche bag too impatient to wait for truck to back in to driveway so goes up on the nature strip. Guess he didn't see that tree stump in the long grass!!! :lmao:

[youtube]39grA9zWvOc[/youtube]

Last edited:

moggy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr executive
Damn. Some of that first one had me on the brakes.

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
lol @ the second vid

Darcon666

Evil is always around you
Reaction score
Website
www.gfy.com
Members Ride
Your Mother
Respect is a two way street people... Now, while I agree that truckies have it hard and there are great ones out there, the majority are not.

Clearly visible by Bravotwozero Vids how many where truckies doing the wrong thing as compared to cars. Now I don't condone any of that crap on the vids, the problem I have is if an a'hole in a car crashes... that's not the same as a B double @ 63tonne or a double dump truck full with mud doing the same. :hmmm:

As I said "RESPECT" is a two way street.

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
Those videos are classic, and highlight just how stupid people can be. Both truck and car drivers are featured in them of course, because stupidity knows no boundaries.

My beef has and always will be with inconsiderate drivers of any vehicle at all. Most truckies respect the rules of law and commonsense, no doubt. More so than the average car driver, which is a good thing because they are so much more dangerous if they are stupid.

Some truckies dont though, and those are the ones that give the industry a bad name. Sadly, I think they are more common than they used to be, despite the mass of regulations piled onto them over the years.

Some people who drive cars are absolute nongs too.. we get people on this forum telling us how they were doing 160 down the freeway the other day.... usually P platers with no notion of manners, commonsense or experience. I think the same applies to truckies too.. the longer they do the job, the better they get at it, and the more they learn.

Regarding the accident I was discussing with acarmody earlier.. One of the tenants of an old farm house we rent out got her car crushed the other day. She is alive, but tells us that the bullbar of the Landcruiser ute that crushed her was actually touching her head. If she had had a rear passenger, they would have been killed instantly. They had to cut her out. She had stopped at a roadworks, with traffic lights. She was first at the lights in her small car ( i think its a Barina or something similar), slowed down nice and slowly, pulled up at the lights. The Landcruiser had been up her rear all the way.. he didn't see the lights? When she first started slowing down, he pulled to the right to pass then thought better of it.. jumped back into her lane and ran right over her.

Its not just truckies.

The thing I picked out the most from that video was Vin Diesel. OK, maybe it wasn't Vin Diesel. But the guy on the motorbike must have just been to see FastnFurious or something, because he sure thought he was Vin Diesel. Temporary Australians I call them...