Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The 2012 Summernats Pic Thread...

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
The overall impression i get from both this and other incidents is that Summernats Security and Officials are a bunch of hot-headed roid junkies.

Over-reacting like that one marshal did, kicking the car and then dragging him off the car and pushing him around isnt on. No matter what had happened. That's what security is for. There is nowhere in his job description that includes getting physically violent with competitors, or damaging their cars.

IMO he should also be sacked, and banned from working at future Summernats events because of his unproffesionalism.

some_guy

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SII Exec.
The overall impression i get from both this and other incidents is that Summernats Security and Officials are a bunch of hot-headed roid junkies.

Over-reacting like that one marshal did, kicking the car and then dragging him off the car and pushing him around isnt on. No matter what had happened. That's what security is for. There is nowhere in his job description that includes getting physically violent with competitors, or damaging their cars.

IMO he should also be sacked, and banned from working at future Summernats events because of his unproffesionalism.

Too right, if Steve (nuckinfuts ) is going to receive consequences for his actions, so should that burnout crew member.

Is he the driver? Why respect?

Because he did the best burnout of the event!

calais24/7

Mucca Mad Boys
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais II 5L, 98 rodeo v6
Not true. During qualifying he hit the wall and stopped the car. The fire marshall after inspecting the car waved him through to the exit where he approached the next marshall who said "well done" with a big smile and gave him a ticket. No mention of being disqualified. This can be seen clearly on the roof cam footage.

After sitting in line for 4 hours on Sunday he approached the burnout pad and was told he was disqualified. He was miffed by this, understandably, and later said they had 40 hours to notify him of his disqualification so why did they wait till he approached the pad and notify him at the last second. He admits he was wrong in nudging the car forward to move the Marshall's blocking him out of the way and going ahead with his burnout and as mentioned has issued an apology and deeply regrets his actions.

cheers for clearing that up, the amount of stories i heard was ridiclous, what i was told a few times was that he hit the wall sat, and caught fire at the extractors :S therefor the car was declerad unsafe and wasnt aloud to return, and then he "pushed in" on sunday and did that, when i heard that i thought, thats not very good on both parties, but after seeing he was given a ticket after the crash (and no fire lol) i can understand why he did it. I would be pretty pissed to sittng in a car 4 hours waiting. that official had no balls, pushed him and ran off when he (steve) came after him

Stressball

Rolling on 4 again :D
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Triton
Official update from the Summernats crew says he is banned from entering at Summernats 26, but his lifetime ban has been lifted on the grounds that nowhere in the rules does it specifically say that disobeying marshall directions will result in a permanent ban. He's been invited to spend next year as part of the burnout crew to 'see what it's like".

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Official update from the Summernats crew says he is banned from entering at Summernats 26, but his lifetime ban has been lifted on the grounds that nowhere in the rules does it specifically say that disobeying marshall directions will result in a permanent ban. He's been invited to spend next year as part of the burnout crew to 'see what it's like".
After reading that official update I see there is no mention of their part in the problem................

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 Caprice 355ci & VZ SS Ute
was my bro bucks for summernats. left thursday and came back monday. was a good 10 hour drive but run a muck, and met some_guy from JC.

this guy provided sooo much entertainment on the way up with a bus load of drunk boys. we drew on the window do a burnout, he drop'd the bags all the way down. smoke started poorin out. we all lost out **** haha (if anyone knows him tell him his a champ)

DSC_0036.jpg

DSC_0038.jpg

DSC_0037.jpg

saw troys car but no troy :(

DSC_0044.jpg

was in love with this VL

DSC_0045.jpg

DSC_0046.jpg

the night life at the nats. security had no control. tits + skids + drinks = awesome nite

DSC_0057.jpg

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
Nice pictures. Love nuckinfuts video. Yes soooo dangerous him doing a skid in a designated area made for .... wait for it... the exact same thing he did oh noez!

walesy

Aint no family cruiser!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cherry Black WH II Caprice, VS exec wagon
i was thinking the same thing AirStrike, no mention of how they ballsed up, just pointing the finger at steve but saying, we will give him a second chance

walesy

Aint no family cruiser!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cherry Black WH II Caprice, VS exec wagon
saw troys car but no troy :(

second year in a row i seen troy's car but no troy lol, where were you hiding??

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 Caprice 355ci & VZ SS Ute
also i saw u walesy, drivin round. had some fine poon in ur car. was gunna bust in like eyyy jecs from JC lol