Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

the 4.9 second challenge

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
oi jase, we still trying to see who reaches 4.9 first? this time its just V8 vs V8 though haha

PINKY355

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN HSV WAGON
You know the original definition of a supercar is a car that can go 0-60 in under 4 seconds, not far off a superwagon :D
Hey Foamy.
I know it will do it on the track because there is still some reserve power in first to use but as it is to get that time on the street its a 150% focus to get the best launch without spin and not duff the first gear shift point. It all just happens so quickly.
I thought about pulling some weight out just to nail it one time but to be honest I think I'll just lose it back in traction. Also the only easy weight I could pull is over the back end.
Still its fun sticking it to the XR6 turbo / F6 platoon.

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
oi jase, we still trying to see who reaches 4.9 first? this time its just V8 vs V8 though haha

Yeah stocky, my car should do it easy once I get these bits bolted on, traction permiting (that's the key:p )

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Can i have a go ?

Sure your car should do it right now if you can get traction and drive (both at once) :p not as easy as you think tho, Ive seen plenty of big HP tanks go up in lines of smoke and run 6s :p I've also taken down a R8 at the drags and I can't say I didn't love that :D

alien

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Supercharged 3.8L
Can i be in?

Got a L67 VY S pack. Only performance mod is a custom CAI atm, only running 15" wheels too.

Temperature 8 degrees celcius with water on the road (may have had a bit of wheel slipping).

Figures:
0-25 kmph: 1.13 Seconds
0-50 kmph: 2.54 Seconds
0-100 kmph: 6.53 Seconds
0-150 kmph: 12.77 Seconds

It wasn't totally flat, had a little bit of a hill too, so can only slow those times down a bit not increase.

Plan is to focus on the range between 50-100kmph!

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
13 pages, over a year gone, and none of the original few have reached it yet. amazing how fast times goes by

alien

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Supercharged 3.8L
LOL, i'll still aim for it, i reckon it's very doable. Theres so much untapped potential from the L67's!

All i need to shave off is at least 1.63 seconds. Which i reckon the main of that is after it hits 80km/hr and changes gears [Auto ATM]. The gears are bad ratios for speed solutions after 80km/hr. Theres 4 seconds between 50 to 100km/hr. Except i'm not going so much the cheap mods atm, but cheap mods could theoretically do it.

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
immortality the stig and MATT_vp all have little issues to so that stops G-tech runs