Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

the 4.9 second challenge

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Matt's car is fast enough to cut a 4.... maybe. Traction permiting

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
my issue involved buying a new car, so that set me back. even with my current setup plan, i doubt it will be good enough to run a 4

Matt_vp

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy lumina v6 A4
Yeah i should of used a gtech when i had it running. Stupid car.
Matt

HoldenOnn

Roll Cage Territory
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Calais Series 2 HBD V6 Sedan 2004
Interesting reading guys. I regularly go out the back blocks and use my Gtech Pro RR and do some 1/4 mile/400m runs. I like to do it occassionally to see if anything has changed in terms of power dropping off or gearbox slip etc. But mainly its not for that, its just for fun.

I went out 3 days ago and did it in my 500hp VL Berlina Turbo. I do it in street trim ie the way that you would have the car if you were to take off quick from the lights next to your mate.

I had me and my mate in the car, 5 year old Maxxis MA-V1 235/45/17 tyres, nearly full tank fuel, tool box and spare tyre in boot and just used the foot brake to stall. My times were 4.5sec to 100km/h and 400m in 12.6sec. The roads had dried from raining that morning, but they were still quite cool and I can't floor the accelerator until atleast somewhere into 2nd gear :p

I will put up the graph of my run later if people are interested. The Gtech is an awesome tool, and I have had this for a few years and it allows you to download onto a computer and put up graphs and compare. Its addictive to see where you get the best acceleration, and trying to beat your times and generally using it as a gauge after any mods.

I recommend buying a Gtech Pro RR as they are fun and you can put on any car you like and test.

Matt_vp

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy lumina v6 A4
Interesting reading guys. I regularly go out the back blocks and use my Gtech Pro RR and do some 1/4 mile/400m runs. I like to do it occassionally to see if anything has changed in terms of power dropping off or gearbox slip etc. But mainly its not for that, its just for fun.

I went out 3 days ago and did it in my 500hp VL Berlina Turbo. I do it in street trim ie the way that you would have the car if you were to take off quick from the lights next to your mate.

I had me and my mate in the car, 5 year old Maxxis MA-V1 235/45/17 tyres, nearly full tank fuel, tool box and spare tyre in boot and just used the foot brake to stall. My times were 4.5sec to 100km/h and 400m in 12.6sec. The roads had dried from raining that morning, but they were still quite cool and I can't floor the accelerator until atleast somewhere into 2nd gear :p

I will put up the graph of my run later if people are interested. The Gtech is an awesome tool, and I have had this for a few years and it allows you to download onto a computer and put up graphs and compare. Its addictive to see where you get the best acceleration, and trying to beat your times and generally using it as a gauge after any mods.

I recommend buying a Gtech Pro RR as they are fun and you can put on any car you like and test.

Well done mate, looks like youve got a beast of a machine. Very interested in seeing the graph of your latest run.
Matt

boschvette

Reaction score
Members Ride
vk bathurst brock replica,corvette
My vette would get the under 4sec 100k's time if i put an auto in it but i love the manual to much.
1/4 mile times are 11.1 at 132mph (full street trim including tyres) so it means that its coming home strong.

HoldenOnn

Roll Cage Territory
Reaction score
Members Ride
As promised, below are my screenshots of my data recorded from my Gtech Pro RR just over a week ago. My vehicle was in street attire. Completely as I drive it on the street regularly with its 5 year old Maxxis MA-V1 235/45/17 tyres, near full tank fuel, 1 mate in passengers seat, tool box and spare tyre and jack in boot and pump ulp fuel;

Km/h;
21lvamp.jpg

Mph;
nvo4r6.jpg

Last edited:

VN_Luke

ƃuoɹʍ ʇsnɾ sı sıɥʇ
Reaction score
Members Ride
Get in the ute
As promised, below are my screenshots of my data recorded from my Gtech Pro RR just over a week ago. My vehicle was in street attire. Completely as I drive it on the street regularly with its 5 year old Maxxis MA-V1 235/45/17 tyres, near full tank fuel, 1 mate in passengers seat, tool box and spare tyre and jack in boot and pump ulp fuel;

hey mate - the run is quite impressive - but not NEARLY as impressive as having rear tyres last for 5 years, with that kind of power ! :D

HoldenOnn

Roll Cage Territory
Reaction score
Members Ride
hey mate - the run is quite impressive - but not NEARLY as impressive as having rear tyres last for 5 years, with that kind of power ! :D

The tyres had been on my previous 12sec VL Formula Turbo for a couple of those years. Being a non daily driver vehicle as such, the tyres do last. I don't do burnouts in my cars either so that helps. All the tread wears off from power skidding when boosting and trying to hold the power to the pavement :p :)

HoldenOnn

Roll Cage Territory
Reaction score
Members Ride
Here is a timeslip to show you what a transbrake and traction can do for my 1/4 mile times on the dragstrip in Kwinana :) :)

358cbco.jpg